22.

"Y/n! James! What are yall doin?" Leo yells as we snap our heads over to the four of them standing by the locker rooms. I notice Lilith hitting Leo and Pam giving me a face. We get off of the ladder and I exchange a glance with James one last time before we start walking over.

"We should rest up here, this place seems a lot safer. It might even be the safest we'll get." Pam states.

"Yeah, I've been wanting to sleep," Leo says stretching his limbs and yawning.

I need some sleep.

"We should sleep somewhere together, in case something happens." We all silently agree, feeling worried once more.

"Where?"

"The girls' locker room is pretty roomy, we can all lay down with a good amount of space."

"Alright, I'm down."

I wipe my camera lense with the hem of my dress, it was fogged up from earlier.

Pam grabs all of the towels from the counter and gives one to everybody. We flap our towels on the ground. James lays his near mine. Leo abruptly slams the door open, startling everyone.

"Jesus, open the door like a normal person." Lilith rolls her eyes.

"SOrrY, I just so happen to be holding a fuck ton of towels," Leo replies shaking his head, trying not to drop the pile of towels. We run up to him, taking them out of his hands. They have enough towels for everyone to have 3 towels in total. Lilith was setting up her and Pam's space, putting their towels together. Milo was sitting up with his legs crossed, just drawing on the floor. "Wow, I've always wanted to get into the girls' locker room." Leo had already melted into the floor, with his towels wrapped around him.

"This is your only chance you freak," Pam responds, quite disturbed. I fix my base towel, then cover myself with the other two. Pam shuffles into the space Lil made for them before speaking up.

"Oh! Someone lock the door and turn the light off please," I realize I'm the closest so I get up, heading to the door. I twist the two locks on the door, then flick the light switch. It's so dark, that I can barely see. I take small footsteps, not wanting to fall on someone. Then I feel an arm touch my ankle. "My bad." I squat down and feel for my towel. My hands graze over the coarse fabric,

Found it.

I carefully slide into my towels, then snuggle into them for whatever warmth there was. "Guys. I hate to be the one to bring it up but do you think we can get out of here?" Leo asks quietly.

"I have hope."

"It's just that-"

"We will," James says sternly. The room gets silent for a few moments before I hear a voice, if I hadn't heard it earlier I think I would've gotten scared.

"I want to go home." I feel a part of me shatter as he says that.

"Same Milo."

"I feel like I'm losing everything." Leo blurts.

"What do you mean?"

"Like what?"

"I don't know like my memories, how my life was before, my mind even. My memories feel like there being replaced with the ones I've made in here."

"I hate this, I hate everything about this place."

"I never thought I would ever have to run for my life."

"It's all we've been doing , hasn't it?

"Yeah."

Out of nowhere, my stomach growls loudly, and I facepalm internally. This was not the time. I hear several sweet laughs erupt from the darkness.

"I felt that."

"Please tell me who that was."

"Reveal yourself!"

"That was me."

"Y/n that sounded painful," Leo says, we all share a good moment's worth of laughter.

"You know what I'm craving, some waffles, and chicken tenders."

"OO! No, you know what sounds good, some pasta and garlic bread."

"You guys are missing out on the Chinese food."

"OH my god, yall shut the fuck up, I'm already salivating.

"I honestly miss school."

"Yeah, same."

"I think we can all agree that we hate Miss Nicks?"

"Fuck Miss Nicks." I hear James say in annoyance. We all tease and laugh at him.

It feels like a long time since then, I remember distinctly when he was getting yelled at by her.

It's been about an hour of us just chatting together, it feels so comfortable, so peaceful. Laughing never felt so good. I hear one yawn, and it follows the next person, then I uncontrollably yawn, squeezing my eyes shut.

"Get your rest everybody. Imma pass out now."

"If one of yall tries to wake me up, count your days."

"I don't like agreeing with you, but same I need my beauty sleep." Leo responds.

"Shut it."

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight everybody." I wish them goodnight before my eyes uncontrollably start to flutter close, I feel myself drifting off into my long-awaited sleep.

——————————————————————————-
Thanks 4 reading!
- P