Part 3: Lost Love

Blade POV

I pace in front of my door, frustrated. This wasn't like her. "That's it, I'm driving to her campus." I make a dash for my keys and then the door.

"Dude, it's only been an hour, she might just be with some friends studying or something." Smasher tries to console me but it only makes me mad.

I look over my shoulder and glare at him. "She'd tell me. Even is she's fine it doesn't matter to me. I'm not willing to take the risk that you're wrong." How doesn't he understand my urgency? He'd feel the way I do if it were Nikayla. I don't know why he's pretending this isn't a big deal. Just because Amaya is strong and independent doesn't mean she never gets hurt. I don't have the time to explain this to him right now, but later we'd have words.

Smasher sighs and walks behind me. "Okay, but let me come with you." I don't bother to turn around as he speaks. I was happy he was coming though, there's power in number. Maybe he understood the potential danger Amaya was in more than I gave him credit for. He always had my back for which I'm grateful.

We rush to my car and waste no time getting into it. I call Amaya as I drive as a last minute effort to reach her. I feel relieved when I hear her voice, "Hey it's Amaya, I can't talk right now but leave your name and number and I'll give you a call back if I'm not avoiding you." BEEP. My heart drops when I realize it's her voicemail. Why isn't she answering me? Amaya would never intentionally make me worry. I bite my lip nervously as I pick up speed. I needed to make sure she was alright.

"We'll find her." Smasher says softly. I don't know if he actually believes what he's saying, but it helps me to hear it. What I needed right now was some hope.

I glance over at him, he's looking back at me with a worried expression. I'm not sure whether it's directed towards the possibility that something happened to Amaya or if he's worried about what I'll become if something happened to Amaya. Either way his expression is warranted. "Say something, distract me." I make a sharp left turn.

He doesn't hesitate, he does as I ask. "Nikayla and I got into a huge flight." He takes a deep breath before he continues. "She came over and found another girl's shirt in my room. She got so mad there was practically steam coming out of her ears." I can hear the frustration in his voice. "I tried to tell her I have no idea where it came from, but she didn't want to hear it. I swear to you I never saw that shirt before. It was so weird, it was like someone broke into my house. The bed was a mess too, but I know I made it earlier today." I can feel his eyes on me, hopeful. "Do you think there's any chance it could be Amaya's?"

"Maybe, but it's pretty unlikely, what did it look like?" I don't see why her shirt would be in his room, but I wanted to give him an explanation of some sort to hold onto.

His newfound hope glimmered in his eyes. He focused, trying to jog his memory. "Umm, it was a hot pink tank top. It had butterflies on it."

I didn't want to break his spirit, but i knew it wasn't Amaya's. I had every shirt she owned memorized, which when I think of about it may be creepy. "It's not hers unless she got a new one right before class."

He sunk back into the seat, defeated. "It was worth a shot."

"Nikayla will come around. She trusts you, it just doesn't look good, so she freaked initially but when she has time to process everything she'll believe you." I reassure him, convinced that there's truth behind my words. Smasher was the most trustworthy and loyal man I knew, there's no way she'd think he actually cheated on her. Besides it was clear that he's totally obsessed with her. I couldn't help but wonder how Amaya would react if we were in their shoes.

Smasher sighs. "Today has been such a weird day, I just want it to end."

I chuckle. "Well it has to eventually." I feel an instant panic when I don't see her vehicle. I pull into the spot next to the one she always uses. "Her car isn't here." My mind starts racing as I try to think of where she could be. "Maybe we should check around the campus." I said, hoping out of my car. "Somebody had to have seen something."

Smasher follows my lead. "Good idea." I make my way up the front stairs onto the sidewalk. "She had social science, but I have no idea what building that'd be in." I say, looking around. A tall, buff man with a surprisingly friendly face walks past us and I yell out to him. "Excuse me!"

He turns to me. "What can I help you with?" He adjusts his large book bag on his shoulder and looks up at me.

"Do you know what building social science class would be in?" I prayed he could help me. Time was of the essence.

He nodded. "Yeah I just got out of that class about an hour ago."

I smile, excited to finally have a lead. "That's prefect! I'm actually looking for someone who was in my class. My girlfriend, Amaya. She has long black hair, blue eyes, really short. Have you seen her?" I nearly cry of excitement when he nods again.

"Yeah, she was in class today." He pauses, thinking. "She left class when everyone else did and I saw her heading this way towards the parking lot."

My hope disintegrates, she should have come home then. "Did you see her get in her car?"

"Yeah, she waved to me as she got into the car." He stops himself. "We had to do a group project together, that's how I know her. She's really smart."

I really didn't care how he knew her, I needed answers. "That's one of things I love about her." I look towards the parking lot. "Anything else you remember? Like was she talking to anyone, or anything like that? Even if it seems like it's not important it could really help."

He looked concerned. "Is she okay?"

"That's what I'm trying to find out." I say, starting to get impatient.

"There is one other thing I thought was a little odd." His eyes meet mine then he looks away. "She was standing by her car, holding an envelope and she didn't look happy."

A letter? That was it, that was the confirmation I needed to confirm something wasn't right. I had to find this note. "Thank you, you helped out a lot."

The frat boy grinned, pleased with himself. "I'm happy to help!"

"Hey Jake, you ready?" A man with brown hair and brown eyes and called from behind us. "Oh sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt." He says as he sees us. "I'm Shane."

Smasher put his hand on my shoulder. "It's nice to meet you Shane, and not to be rude but we have to go. It's kind of an emergency."

Shane looks concerned and nods. "Of course, is their anything I can do to help?"

I shake my head. "No, your buddy here told us everything we needed to know, but thank you Shane. We'll see ya."

"Bye guys." He smiles he turns to his friend. "Alright let's go."

I head to my car. "How am I going to find this letter?" I say, frustrated.

Smasher comes up beside me. "We should start with somewhere special to Amaya, like a hideout or favorite spot of hers. Do you know anywhere?"

I grin. "Yes, I know exactly where to start; our train."

Smasher looks at me as if I'm insane. "Your what?"

"It's a long story, I'll explain later." I hop onto my car and head to the one place I know Amaya loved more than anywhere else. I head to our train.

At first when I get there I think that I was wrong, she left behind nothing until I see a piece of paper crumpled up into one of the seats. I head to it instantly and read it. My heart sinks when I read what it says. It tells Amaya to meet someone anonymously at an old abandoned building. I sigh, this is bad, this is really bad.

"Blade." I hear a woman's voice.

I turn to see the angry woman I met at the beach during Amaya and I's date. "What are you doing here?"

She sighs. "I'm here to help you save your girlfriend."

I don't necessarily trust this tall woman with dark eyes and light hair, but she is the only lead I have. I am desperate to save Amaya so I entertain her. "What do I have to do? What do you know and how do I get you to tell me?"

She smiles deviously. "I can save her, but you won't like what you have to do to save her."

"What do I have to do?" I say nervously.

She plays with her hair. "You have to leave her for me."

***Stay tuned to see what happens to Amaya in book 2.***