Part 2: Nikayla's Interview

Smasher

I walk into the apartment completely drained. I'm not sure what's gotten into me, I can't believe I almost kissed her. I almost kissed Nikayla. I haven't kissed anyone since Brittany's accident, I haven't been able to. Even though I know she'd want me to be happy and it's been so long since it happened, it still feels like I'm cheating. I don't know what to do anymore, I like Nikayla, a lot. I can't tell her what I'm feeling, I don't want her to think I'm still caught up on my dead ex. I will always love Brittany, she's going to have a special place in my heart forever, but I don't want to miss my chance with Nikayla because I'm stuck in the past. I hold my head, frustrated.

I move silently pass Blade's room where I hear a feminine voice whispering. Amaya, I smile. I'm so happy Blade found someone after everything he's been through. It's about time something good happens for him. I wonder what all he told her about his past, it's pretty crazy and he's an insanely private person. He won't even share his name. Technically I'm not supposed to either, but I told Nikayla with ease. She's so easy to talk to it's crazy.

I lay on my bed with my racing thoughts. Part of me wants to run back to her apartment and kiss her with such intensity it makes her dizzy.The other part of me feels guilty for even thinking like that. I remember her saying she likes my smile, I haven't smiled in so long I thought it'd look awkward when I did. Did she like me? She was so hard to get it was impossible to tell. I'd never had such a challenge before.

I sleepily crawl under the covers and close my eyes tight. I have to get some sleep, I'm driving her tomorrow and I don't want to drive recklessly because I'm tired. With that thought, my mind calms down and I finally get some sleep.

My eyes open slowly, the smell of pancakes making me wide awake. I stretch and reach for my phone to check the time. It's 9am, just 15 minutes before my alarm. I groan, I hate when that happens.

I make my way to the kitchen, hearing something being sprayed. The first thing I see is Blade and Amaya kissing.

"Isn't it a little early for this?" I walk through the kitchen entryway, yawning.

Blade took a step back from Amaya, looking at me with a devilish smirk. "I'm surprised you're up considering your late night yesterday."

"I smelt pancakes." I stretch and point at the pancakes.

Blade puts some pancakes on a plate and hands them to me. "We need to get you a bell to wear around your neck." He says jokingly.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to be home much today, so you guys can do whatever you want." I take a seat at the kitchen bar.

"Oh yeah? Big plans?" Blade teases me.

I take a huge bite of his pancakes as I think of an excuse. She wanted to surprise them. "Nikayla's taking me on a tour of the city."

Amaya turns to me, grinning. "You two seem to be getting pretty close."

I nod in agreement, she wasn't wrong. "She's great." Thinking about Nikayla makes me start eating my pancakes more quickly, eager to see her again.

Blade pats me on the shoulder. "I'm happy for you bro."

I looked over at Amaya, then back at Blade. "You too man." Amaya's cheeks turn bright red and she looks at her feet.

   I finish my breakfast and get changed as fast as I can without looking disgusting. I walk back out into the kitchen and hear a knock on the door. "I'll get it." I say, heading to the door before anyone can beat me to it. The two just stare at me.

Nikayla is standing on the other side of the door when I open it, wearing a black crop top and blue jean shorts. "Hey." She smiles at me.

It takes me a minute to find my voice after seeing her. "Hey, are you ready to give me the tour?" I ask, hoping she'll catch onto the lie I told Amaya and Blade.