Chapter 7

Kara is the last to leave the showers after the game. She didn't want to leave the stadium. 

They won. 

She won. 

She lead her team to their first-ever victory. 6 strikeouts and no walks was a great game. 

Kara thought about every pitch in every at-bat during her shower. Her curve ball lost its spin as she got more tired. She will have to work on that. She was just finishing changing when...

"You are still here?" Kara nearly jumps out of her skin as she walks into the locker room and sees someone else. Probably someone here to tell her to hurry up the bus is waiting. 

"Jesus Lena you scared me," Kara says as she puts a hand over her heart. "What are you still doing here?" 

"Sorry farm girl," Lena says with a chuckle. She shows the blonde the necklace in her hand. A green carnation on a gold chain "I left this in my locker on accident and I didn't want to lose it. It's my good luck charm." 

"Why a green carnation?" Kara questions

"I am a fan of reading. Ever hear of Oscar Wilde?" 

"Sorry. Alex barely had time to teach me to read and any free time we have is spent working on the farm or on baseball. Wouldn't get a chance even if I wanted to." Kara explains with a shrug. 

"Well, you aren't on the farm anymore so if you ever want to borrow a book just holler my way," Lena says with a shy smile. 

"I-"

"We-" they both start at the same time but Lena says "Go ahead" first.

"I just wanted to say thank you. For hitting that guy. He was being a big dick and I know it was rattling the girls." Kara says simply. 

"Like I said on the field it slipped." Lena says with a sly smirk "But if it weren't an accident I would agree that he did in fact deserve it." Kara smiles her big bright smile once again and it makes Lena smile "You don't seem to be a big fan of men. Got a man back home missing you?" 

"Nah never really been my thing. A couple guys have asked me out but I always say no. Alex has a husband over seas fighting if that counts. They both practically raised me so he is kinda like my big brother." 

"I have always been the same way." Lena says with a wink before quickly changing tones "The girls are waiting on the bus we should head out before they leave us behind." 

"Let's go"

------------------------

One week later 

"Strike three! She's out!" 

"YES!!!" Kara screams after striking out her final batter and getting the final out for her team to win the game. 

Alex comes up and gives her the game ball as the team swarms and hugs each other over the win. 

Winn is once again in the stands watching "Enjoy that?" he asks the men beside him 

"Yeah. They are all right"

"Good. Come back next game will you?"

"Oh Mrs. Arias?" Ivy calls for Sam's attention. She gives her a blank stare and Ivy takes that as the best she would get to continue "My name is Ivy, I am your first baseman. Look I feel I should warn you, Harley," still a blank look "Harley Quinzel she plays right field?" still a blank look. "For us." once again a blank look "Well she can't under any circumstance have sugar on a long road trip. She will drive everyone crazy." 

Sam just waves of the tall red head and goes into the locker room. 

---------------

Someone decide on a 10 hour car ride it was a good idea to give Harley a large amount of sugar. (Please keep in mind that in the movie this is a 6-year-old boy) 

So now the short blonde was running up and down the aisle with a fly swatter in each hand smacking each of the girls in the back of the head. And then she thought it an even better idea to cover the bus driver's eyes causing him to swerve off the road and stop almost immediately. Thankfully no one was hurt. Just some frazzled women and some dented suitcases. All the while Sam sleeps through all of this. 

The bus driver throws Harley's hands off and says "That's it I quit" before storming off the bus. 

The girl's chaperon Cat Grant chases after him as the girls rearrange their belongings. 

"Harley, get over here you hyperactive idiot" Ivy calls to her best friend. 

Harley is about to sit down when Natasha stands up and says "Harley! Harley! I'm sorry but I'm going to kill you." She reaches to her right and grabs a bat. 

"No Nat!" Ivy calls as Harley bolts off the bus and Nat chases her with a bat. 

"Get over here Harley," Nat says as she continues to chase her teammate. 

"Nat! Nat!" Carol calls close behind with Ivy right behind her as she says "Come on Nat, don't!" 

"Don't use my bat! Use Marla's. It's heavier." Carol says running after her best friend. 

Kate is off the bus now and questioning Ivy "Iv, why is she so wild?"

"I don't know. She has always been this way." At that moment Harley runs by and four girls restrain Nat as Ivy has to literally tackle Harley and say "You fucking idiot will you calm down? Your gonna get us killed at this rate." and of course, Harley just maniacally laughs, unpins herself from Ivy's grasp and then trots back onto the bus. Ivy is rubbing her head like she has the worst headache as she enters the bus. The other girls turn just in time to see Cat throw dirt in their bus driver's face before he continues walking away. 

Lena pulls Kara aside in the commotion "Hey Kar, want to go to a roadhouse with Carol, Nat, Yelena, Kate, and I?" 

Kara glances at her sister "I don't know if I can..." 

"Come on it will be a lot of fun. No nasty men." 

"No men?" Kara questions for a second before shaking it off and deciding to live a little "Why not? I'm in. Can I invite Alex?" 

Lena hesitates "I don't think it's her scene..." Lena was picking up a vibe from Kara. Much less so from Alex but still there with the older of the sisters. The only difference Alex was married. 

"It's unlikely that she will say yes but I still want to offer, you know?" 

"Yeah. Okay, you can ask her." It was a dangerous risk but it made Kara smile which made it worth it in Lena's eyes. 

Cat walked back to the bus and says "Alright our driver quit but the show must go on. Everyone on the bus." 

"How are we gonna get past Ms. Grant?" Kara asks concerned by the chaperon's presence. 

"Nat is going to slip something in her dinner. It will keep her occupied for the night." 

"What?" Kara says shocked and a bit concerned

Cat walks back into the bus and slaps Sam on the face to wake her up. 

She is annoyed when she wakes up and yells "Oh god! What the hell is going on? Why are we stopped?"

"Lou quit" Yelena explains from her seat. 

"Who's Lou?" Sam yells

"The driver."

Sam turns and looks at the seat before storming outside and yelling "Come on you girls, get on the bus!" scaring the girls standing outside. It was barely intelligible. 

"What did she say? Was that English?" Carol questions.