Chapter 5

AN: Thank you all for the support

Rallys, sprints, base running, batting practice, fielding, pitching, and catching, are all things the Danvers's sister experienced in their major league tryout.

Alex was in her gear and took a second to smile at her sister who was pitching a couple of people down. She smiled even wider when she heard the coach say "Very good. Try another one." Alex never doubted her sister was good enough to be here but she knew her sister doubted herself. 

Later Kara watches on as all the catchers step up to try and throw a runner out who is stealing second. 

Alex forward and watches as the girl before her two hops the ball to the shortstop. Alex walks behind the plat and pulls down her mask as she drops into a squat. 

She receives the pitch and throws a bullet to the shortstop without any bounces for any easy tag out. "Ouch," the poor girl who received the ball says. 

A raven-haired woman rips a line drive that Kara has to dive to catch. 

After the tryouts were over all the coaches deliberate before posting the people who made it onto a team onto a bulletin board. One coach speaks to the girls "Your name will be on one of those five lists." All the girls are buzzing with anticipation "Okay, find your name." 

Kara made sure to stand at the front of the hoard of girls so when he said that she was one of the first to reach the board and scan for her name. 

After a tense minute of scanning, she finally finds her name, and right below it is her sister. "Yes!" She sprints out of the crowd and towards her sister and tackles her in a hug as she says "We are Peaches!!!!" 

Alex is confused but happy for her sister's excitement as she says "What?" 

"A Rockford Peach. We made it. We can stay. Both of us!! I made it!" 

Alex chuckles and they both celebrate and here the blonde from early catch a reporter's attention "Hi Are you a newspaper guy?"

"Yeah"

"This is my friend Natasha. She made the team." 

"Hi. Pleased to meet you, Natasha" the conventionally attractive redhead had all of the reporters and coaches dotting on her. 

The girls who didn't make the team leave and the teams who made it are sitting together while one of the head coaches addresses the group and says "Okay sit down. We got a lot to do. Now you're the first..." there is a girl still by the board swaying nervously. He turns and sees her once he notices the other girls not looking at him "Honey, are you supposed to be here or are you on the cut list?" she looks terrified and like she was about to cry but doesn't respond "Look I'm sorry if you're on the cut list you have to leave the field." She nods her understanding "Well, are you cut?" She shrugs "Well just look on the list." A girl stands and walks up to her as he continues "It's either Rockford, Racine, Kenosha, or South Bend." 

"Hi," the girl who walks up says "Can you read honey?"

"Not in cursive"

The woman nods kindly "All right. What's your name?"

"Yelena Belova" 

"Yelena Belova. Let's just take a look." After a tense couple of sends, the women smiles at Harley and says "This is you. You're with us. You're a Rockford Peach!" 

The coach nods smiling at the girls and says "Go join your team" the peaches including Kara and Alex clap happily as they sit back down. "All right calm down we have a lot to cover. You are the first members of the All-American Girls' Baseball League" That is met with a large round of applause. "I'm Charlie Collins and I'll be managing the Racine team when the season starts. The other teams will have managers soon. Now at the end of practice today, you all have to get fitted for your uniforms." He gestures to his right where a model walks out wearing the farthest thing from a baseball uniform and of the girls have ever seen "And this is what they're going to look like." There are some whistles from the men "Pretty darn nifty if you ask me."