Chapter 11

AN: The beginning of this chapter is a montage of multiple games over time so keep that in mind

The Peaches then go on a streak. No other team in the league worked as hard as those girls to bring in crowds. Including a campaign of catch, a foul ball get a kiss! 

None of the girls were excited but it was Winn's idea and no one could protest. 

Much to Kara's anger, Lena hit a foul ball that game and has to kiss the sailor who caught it. Kara has to cheer and watch as the photo is taken of the kiss and published everywhere. 

From diving catches that probably didn't need to be caught diving, trick plays, Alex throwing the ball around her back before throwing it down to second to add some showmanship. 

Nat caught a couple of foul balls with her hat to get the crowd going. 

During their current game, Sam yells "Batter!" she turns back to the dugout and says "What's her name?" no one responds and Alex tries to hold her laughter in "Hey, you! Tall girl!" 

"Ivy" Alex informs her. 

"Ivy! Look sharp, tall..." She turns back around "What is her name again?" 

"Ivy" 

"Ivy. Good."

Between innings, they had competitions to hit targets. Which Carol won most of the time. 

Kara throws a shutout and picks someone off at second. 

"Long fly ball and Alex Danvers has brought this nice-sized crowd to its feet with a home run." 

In the lockerroom

"Come on! Come on!" Sam is trying to force Harley's mouth open "Open your mouth!" 

Carol yells "Ivy! Your best friend ate the lineup!"

Kate slides hard into third after legging out a triple and ends up with a huge bruise on her thigh. 

"Let it up. Let it up..." Sam says with a camera in hand to add it to their injury wall of fame. "And... Ooh, that was a good one."

There is later a high fly ball hit into left with a runner on third with the Peaches in the field. Yelena gets under it as the runner tags up and gets ready to sprint for home. "Yelena makes the catch!" The runner takes off and Yelena throws the ball to Carol who spins and throws it to Alex at the plate. "It's going to be close..." the throw reaches Alex and the runner trucks the peaches catcher to the ground but luckily Alex has enough time to really get a good hold on the ball so she doesn't drop it. "She is out!" Sam steps out of the dugout looking really concerned over their team's star catcher. "Alex Danvers held on to the ball." 

A pop fly is hit along the third base side and Carol sprints for it. It's just inside the crowd so she has to reach and tips over the edge of bleachers. Carol makes the catch and ends up with a hot dog in her mouth.

Harley walks around playing a trumpet just outside the dugout. No one understands where or how she got it as a batter it's a high pop-up in foul territory behind Alex. 

Alex throws off her mask as the announcer says "Oh! A high foul pop! Danver's is coming back, coming back..." all the fans are on their feet 

Alex is up against the fence and the crowd hears her say "Uh-oh!" as she brings her mitt behind her back and makes the catch with a smile that stops hearts 

"But she caught it! Unbelievable!" Kara stands in the dugout sadly tossing a ball in between her own hands as she hears the announcer say "Full house on its feet cheering Alex Danvers"