Chapter 13

AN: @MultiFandomGeek21 Happy no more cliffhanger?

Lena waits before everyone is either downstairs or back in their rooms before slowly opening the door and walking in to find the blonde girl quietly crying on her bed. 

Lena immediately locks the door behind her and sprints to the blonde and pulls her into her arms to comfort her. 

"It will be okay," Lena says softly and kisses her head over and over again

It takes a couple of deep breaths but Kara calms and once she is Lena says "It's not like you are out of the league or anything. Your just on a different team" 

"Lena, all my friends are on this team, my notoriety is from pitching for this team. I got better because of this team. Because Sam finally stopped drinking and taught me how to throw a wicked sinker. I- I figured out who I am because of this team. I- You are on this team, Lena." Lena knew Kara was going to bring it up and she didn't want to be the reason to distract Kara from following her passion. 

"Kara. I care about you more than I can express, but Baseball is your true love-"

"But-" 

"Kara please." Lena says trying not to cry "You don't have a choice. You love baseball too much to quit and you have an opportunity to go compete without being in your sister's shadow so do it." 

"It just-" Kara takes a deep breath "It just feels too hard. What if I don't fit in? I mean I have" 

"Kara you are the strongest most resilient person I have ever met. I have seen you be knocked down over and over again and get back up again and again. You are an inspiration." 

Kara kisses Lena softly and sighs "What am I supposed to do with Alex? I am so mad at her and we both said things that I don't know if we can get past" 

"Alex is your older sister. She will always love you even if you are fighting. She may be mad right now but she will always forgive you. I mean the whole team knows how much she cares about you, I mean she talks about you the way a mother talks about her daughter." Lena says trying to reassure the girl she cares about. 

Kara waves her off and changes the subject while wiping her tears "What about us?" 

Lena hesitates terrified of saying her next sentence, "Well..." Kara squeezes Lena's hand "Carson and Greta want to take the winter off and go somewhere warm. They sent me a telegram asking if I could watch the bar until next season. And they have an apartment above the bar... If you didn't want to go back to Oregon and the bar you could move to New York with me and help me run the bar till next season." 

"Are you serious?" 

Fear crawls up Lena's skin "Yes. But only if you want to. If you don't I would totally understand, I mean it would be dangerous. You saw that the cops came and raided the place but we could be together and" Lena was rambling but she didn't want to face Kara's rage that she was expecting "and you could find a job if you didn't want to help at the bar. And I know it's far away from-" 

"Yes"

"What?" 

"Yes. I want to move to New York with you after the season." 

"Are you serious? Cause you really don't have to" 

"Lena I have never been more sure of something in my entire life. I have been dying to get out of Oregon and travel and this is perfect. I get to live with my girlfriend in the city that never sleeps." 

"Girlfriend?" 

"I mean that's what I want us to be" 

"Me as well," Lena says while pulling Kara in for another long kiss. 

Kara glances at the clock "I need to go now. I will see you in the world series."

"Go easy on me you know I can't hit your change up"

Kara kisses Lena as she stands and says "Not a chance." She grabs her suitcase and walks down the stairs saying bye to everyone except Alex who is nowhere to be found and leaves the Peach's house for the final time. 

Kara climbs into the taxi that she told to wait for her not seeing Alex watching her from her window. 

AN: Sorry I am tired I just played golf probably more coming tonight.