The Enemy of My Enemy

Percy took the initiative. "He's not here, Heracles, and neither are his children. They're dead, and Ares is somewhere else. Go look for him." He tried, and received a period of silence on the other end. They nine of them waited tentatively for the minor god's response, which finally came out as a deep and hearty laugh.

"Jackson? Say, are you the only one in there? Last time I checked, you were teaming with Artemis, and since I saw Hermes' body outside, it's safe to say the music god's with you too?" He wondered. The aforementioned gods' eyes widened.

Heracles cackled outside. "Get the door!" Jason yelled, and immediately everyone ran to block the gates. Heracles rammed his shoulder against the wall, Boom, and nine gods combined had trouble holding him back. Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom. His attacks were getting harder to hold back every time, and Percy had to steady himself lest he fall flat on his face.

"Shit! Do we even have a plan?" Piper asked, pressing her full weight against the golden door. No one answered, trying their best to think up a way out of this mess. Percy looked over to Artemis, and her face was scrunched up as she tried to balance her efforts between using all her strength to hold the door and thinking up a way out.

"Hello? Hey! Hello!? Answer the fucking thing!" A voice was heard not too far from them. The entire group turned their heads to one of the bodies on the floor, but it wasn't what was making the noise. "There!" Apollo said, gesturing to a small walkie-talkie on the floor. "Crap! Give it here!" Percy told him, and Apollo nodded. With his tongue poking out the side of his mouth, he desperately grabbed at the device with his foot.

"Answer me or you're all fucking dead!" The voice warned, and Artemis finally recognized it. "It's Ares! Ares is on the other end!" She said. Now knowing that he needed to get it, Apollo slid down the door a bit to gain more reach with his leg. He could just barely touch the radio with his shoe, and with a sudden burst of strength, pulled it across the floor.

It slid past them all, and many tried to grab at it. With some stroke of luck, Piper's foot managed to just barely scrape across it, slowing it down. Percy's eyes widened as it stopped in front of him. "Hold the door!" He yelled, and the group all reinforced the strength they were putting on the door.

Percy, with speed he didn't know he had, crouched down and grabbed at the walkie-talkie, before standing back up and leaning against the door. "Ares!" He yelled into the device, which was only met with silence.

They all looked at each other nervously as the brute continued to pound on the door. "I know you can hear me on this channel Ares. Your children are dead and Heracles is here. Who would you rather fight, us or him?" He asked. The radio remained silent.

"What do you want?" The god on the other end hissed. Percy grinned, then almost fell over from the force of Heracles' hits. How they'd managed to hold the door for so long was a mystery to him.

"What do you think? We can kill Heracles for you, but we don't know how. Phobos said you had a plan to get his armor off, what was it?!" He pressed.

"Why should I help you, punk?" The god of war asked, and Percy cursed under his breath. "Do you want Heracles dead or not? We'll do your work for you, then it can just be us versus you. Now tell me how to kill him!" He pressured.

Once again, there was silence. Boom, boom, boom. The nine felt their holds beginning to slip. They wouldn't be able to hold the god back. Right as he was about to ask again, Ares answered.

"Hit him with fire. The flames will either kill him or force him out of his armor. I was going to use a molotov but I guess I don't need that anymore. I'll see you in Hades, Jackson." Ares told him. As they heard this, the group's eyes widened.

"Wait! I have-" Leo said, then reached into his coat. To everyone's shock, he pulled out a brown bottle of liquor. "Leo, why do you have that?" Hazel asked, and he shrugged, nearly dropping it when Heracles tried to bust his way in. "Any second now and I'll break this door down!" The former demigod outside warned.

The gang reinforced their hold on the door as Leo crafted the weapon. No one watched as he tore part of his shirt to make a cloth, they were too busy trying to survive.

"Apollo! Light it!" He yelled, reaching out to the sun god on the end. Apollo looked at the door nervously, but quickly reached out and snatched it anyway. Boom, boom, boom, Heracles' poundings were getting more frantic now. "Apollo! We can't hold much longer, light the damn thing!" Artemis yelled pushing all her weight onto the door.

Apollo switched hands and reached across, the bottle outstretched towards a torch mounted on the wall. This would have been so much easier if Apollo and Leo still had their powers, but nooo, the Fates had to make it that much trickier.

The god was sweating a bit, practically on his tiptoes. The cloth was only a few inches away now, if he could just...

CRASH!