Chapter 1

Previously on Book 3 -Chapter 20 (2/2)-

"I love you..." he said. I smile at him through the tears in my eyes. "I love you too, Mike..." I said. The car starts to move. I keep eye-contact with Mike the whole time, until he's completely out of sight. I feel a hand on mine. I turn my head to see Eleven. I choke out a sob and scoot closer to her, placing my head on her shoulder. She wrap her arms around me.

See you again, Mike...

-Dear Mike-

Author P.O.V

A h/c haired girl is seen sitting on a chair by a desk, working on a project she needs to finish for school the next day. She is painting a small wooden doll. She looks so focus as she paints it patiently.

She lean her back against the chair and stare out of the window. A small smile gracing her lips.

Dear Mike,

Today is day 185. But it feels like more like 10 years. Joyce said time has a funny way. Emotion can speed up or slow down. We're all time travelers when you think about it. For example, this week is going very fast. I think because I am so busy. I have to make something called "visual side"... I hope Mrs. Grayson will give me an A! I can seen you a previous submission XXX... some exciting news! Joyce got an amazing new job. She gets to work at home. She says she loves the... freedom. Will is painting, but he won't show me what he's working on. Maybe it's for a girl. I think there's someone he likes. He has been acting... weird. Jonathan is acting weird also. I think he's just nervous about college. He's still waiting for his big letter. I hope he and Nancy get to go together.

How are you doing back in Hawkins, Mike? I hope you're doing fine. I'm doing great here. I mean... it's kind of hard to fit in, to be honest. But I'm alright. I miss everything back there. But most importantly, I miss you.

I hope you're still coming after the terms break. I can't wait to see you again after so long. I'll show you all the fun thing you can do here in California. See you soon, Mike.

From,
Y/N

Back in Hawkins, a boy with curly black hair is laying on his stomach on the bed. A soft smile gracing on his lips as he reads the content of the letter he's holding in his hand.

"Mike!! If you don't hurry up! You're going to be late!" A voice snaps the boy out of his daydream from reading the letter of his dear girlfriend. His eyes widened in horror, as he scrambled up to his feet in panic. He rushes around the room to get dressed as quick as possible.

***

Y/N P.O.V

It's been about a year since we left Hawkins. I was so scared of facing new environment. But Mike assured me that everything will be alright. It's gonna be hard at first, but he told me that I'd adapt... it's just going to take some time, and he's right! I can feel myself starting to adapt with my surroundings here.

I hear a soft knock by the door. "Come in..." I said. The door opens to reveal Eleven. I turn to look at her and smiles. "Hey, Eve..." I said. She smiles and walks inside.

She stands next to me and stares at the project I'm working on. "That looks cute..." she said. I smile at her compliment. "Thanks..." I said.

"It's time for dinner..." she said. I turn to her with a soft smile and nod my head. "Okay... I'll be out soon" I said. She nods his head and leaves my room. I turn to look at the project I'm making and smiles softly.

I stand up and make my way out my room

I stand up and make my way out my room. I slowly make my way towards the dining room. Eleven and the others are already seated in their seats. I smile softly at them and take a seat on the only empty chair left.

"You've been in your room for a while. What are you working on?" Mrs. Byers asked. I turn to look at her with a smile. "A school project, so I've been working all day to get it done..." I said. She smiles and nods her head.

"I'm so glad you and El can adapt well... I don't have to worry about my sons. They're doing just fine, right boys?" She said, turning to Jonathan and Will with a smile on her face. They just nods their heads at their mother's question.

Time-skip

Will, Eve and I are currently walking through the school's hallway. I'm holding the project I made in my arms, making sure to keep it steady because I don't want to drop it. It took me lots of time to work on it. So I don't want it to get destroyed.

We enter the classroom. I take a seat on my chair and place the project on the table. I flinch when I feel something hits my cheek. I turn my head to see Angela. She just shot a wet paper ball on my cheek using a straw.

I let out a sigh and wipe it away. Angela lets out a laugh at her little trick, which the rest of them joins in. I turn to look at Eve, to see her glaring at Angela in annoyance. She notice the look on my face and turn to look at me.

I shake my head, signaling her to not try anything. I don't want her to get in trouble because of me. I can defend myself just fine. But that'll only causes some trouble here. I have to keep reminding myself that we're not in Hawkins anymore.

My life in California is decent so far. The only thing that makes it not enjoyable is the existence of that girl, Angela. She's been picking on Eve and I. While Eve looks irritated, I just do my best to ignore them. It will only give them some satisfaction if I show any sign of emotion. So I try my best to keep a cold face on. Hopefully, over time... she'd grow tired of her little tricks.

But like some say, patience have limits. I'm not sure how long I can hold back. I hope I won't do anything rash about these whole thing. The last thing I want is to hurt people, especially with the dark power I have within me.

No matter how hard I try to forget, I can't. No matter what, I can't erase the fact that I'm not a human. At least, not half of me. While parts of me are a human. The other part is a shadow monster. That's the one thing I won't be able to change... ever. Even if the monster is gone. It still won't change a thing.

*to be continued*