Chapter 2

Previously on Chapter 1

No matter how hard I try to forget, I can't. No matter what, I can't erase the fact that I'm not a human. At least, not half of me. While parts of me are a human. The other part is a shadow monster. That's the one thing I won't be able to change... ever. Even if the monster is gone. It still won't change a thing.

-Anger-

Y/N P.O.V

The teacher soon enters the classroom. Angela is currently presenting her project. I just place my chin on the palm of my hand as I listen to her. She might be a bully, but she's quite smart. If she's not so rude, I can see myself being friends with her.

Once she's done with her presentation. Mrs. Grayson walks towards a bowl and picks out a name. "Y/N..." she said, turning to look at me with a smile. I turn to look at Will and Eve. They nod their heads, trying to encourage me. I take a deep breath and stand up.

"Hi... for my hero, I chose my dad. For my visual aid, I made our cabin" I said. I turn the project I made to face the other students. "More like diarrhea" one of them said. The others burst out laughing at what he said. I just give him a sarcastic laugh.

I pick up the small figurine I made. "This is my dad. His name is Hopper. He made the best eggos" I said. I hear them laughing again. I try my best to ignore them and focus on my current explanation.

I place the figurine down and pic up the next one. "And this is Mr. Fibbly, he's a squirrel" I said. They start to laugh again. I let out a shaky breath. I turn to look at Will and Eve. They nod their heads.

I just keep explaining. Angela raises her hand. I turn to look at Mrs. Grayson. "Uh, Angela. Let's save the questions until the end of Y/N's presentation" she said. Angela just gives her a smile.

"Yeah, um. I'm sorry. I was like, confused. I thought this was a presentation about a historical hero" she said. I can feel anger slowly growing within me.

"My dad was on a newspaper" I said. She let out a laugh. "Your local paper? I just don't think that's what Mrs. Gracey meant by historical. This is suppose to be about famous people" she said. Everyone starts to laugh along.

"My dad is famous. He... he saved a lot of lives. In a mall fire. He was a hero for people... and he was my hero too" I said. She just gives me a smug face. "It's not what I'm saying... at all. But it's okay. I'm so sorry, Mrs. Gracey. I don't mean to interrupt. I just wanted to clarify on the rules of the assignment" she said.

"Well, technically, you are correct. But Y/N has decided to do her father. So, please continue your presentation, Y/N..." she said, in a soothing voice. I just keep my head down.

Kill them all. Make them pay for making fun of you, Y/N... a voice in my head said. I haven't heard that voice in a long time. But that's impossible. The Mind Flayer is suppose to be dead. I just shake my head, trying to block the voice out of my head. I clutch my head as I shut my eyes.

"Y/N... are you okay?" Mrs. Gracey said. I open my eyes as everything was dark for a moment. Once my sight is clear, I turn to look at her. I give her a small smile.

"I'm fine, Mrs. Gracey..." I said, in a soft voice. I turn to look forward, and notice Angela still gives me a look of amusement. I hold onto the diorama I've made.

***

I storm out of the room as Will and Eve chases after me. They try their best to calm me down. But it's not working. I'm not mad about Angela. Wait... I am. But that's not what's bothers me. I'm worried about the voice I've heard in my head.

"Y/N! Come on! Just calm down! That was a cool presentation" Will said. I turn to look at him. "That isn't what's bothering me!" I snapped. He and Eve stares at me in confusion. I take a deep breath, as an attempt to calm my nerve.

"What does?" Eve asked. I look away from her and turn to look at everyone around me. "I can't talk about it now. I'll tell you once we're home..." I finally said. They just nod their heads at what I said.

We make our way outside. I just keep waking, not aware of anything. I trip when someone sticks their legs out. My project flies out of my hand and slid further away.

"Oh my god... I am so sorry..." a voice said. I turn my head to see Angela. She have an amused look on her face. One of them kicks the diorama I made over as the other one steps on it. I start to clench my hands into tight fist.

Kill them... a voice said. I shake my head, trying to block the voice out. Show no mercy to the people who made you suffer... he said again. I look up as my vision starts to change. All I feel is anger.

"Angela!" Eve yelled out, snapping me out. Angela and her friends turn around to face us. She takes a few steps forward and screams with her right hand outstretched front of her. Angela just stares at her as if she's crazy.

"What is that?" She said, laughing. Everyone burst out laughing too. I walk towards Eve and wrap my arms around her shoulder, comfortingly. I can feel my body still shaking in anger. But I force it down, the voice in my head lets me know that it's back. The monster inside of me is back.

One of the teacher comes towards us and starts to question what's happening. Eve's turns to look at me. I can see her eyes widening slightly. I just give her a look that said "don't say anything." She gets the picture and just stays silent.

In the end, Angela got sent to the detention room. I can feel her eyes glaring at me as she walks past me. I just keep my head down. I'm not going to give in. I don't want to let it win. I'll try my best to control it. I don't wanna cause trouble for Eve and the Byers.

*to be continued*