Chapter 15

Previously on Chapter 14

Guilt is all I can feel right now. I'm suppose to be the stronger one in the group. But even I'm not able to protect my friend. I'm such a failure! Max...

I'm sorry

-It's Not Over-

Y/N P.O.V

I lean my head on Mike's shoulder. We're heading back to Hawkins. He held my hand in his, gently rubbing the back of my hand. He knew that I'm still blaming myself for not being able to save Max.

The pizza van eventually come to a stop. Mike slides the door open. He steps out of the van, followed by the rest of us. I can see everyone is gathering here. I smile at the sight of them. Everyone starts running towards one another. Mike run towards his mom, as Will, El and I run towards our friends.

Dustin wraps his arms around us as we hug him back. "It's good to see you again, Dustin..." I said. He pulls away and smiles at me. Will looks around as if noticing someone is missing. Someone is missing.

"Where's Lucas?" Will asked. Dustin turns to look at him. "He's at the hospital" he said. I stare at him in confusion. He was injured, but it doesn't seem that bad.

"Why? Is he hurt?" El asked. Dustin turns to look at her and shakes his head. "No! No... he's- oh God, you don't know" he said. The three of us exchange some confused glances with each other.

At The Hospital

We enter the hospital room where Max is. Lucas turn to look at us as Mike enters the room first. He let out a gasp at the sight of us. "Oh my God. We've been calling you guys like crazy!" He said, rushing over to Mike and Will. The three of them shares a group hug.

"We know, we came as soon as we heard" Mike said. Lucas looks over their shoulders, noticing El and I. I give him a soft smile. He pulls away from them and rushes towards us, pulling us into his embrace.

"We're sorry..." I whispered, as I tighten my arms around the two of them. I glance at Max after I hear a soft beeping of the heart monitor. We pull away from each other.

Mike walks up next to me. He gently wrap his arm around my shoulder. I lean my head on his. "Do they know... when she will wake up?" El asked, turning to Lucas. Lucas looks so sad. He lightly shakes his head.

"No... they say she might not" he said. I just stare at Max with a sad gaze. "Her heart stopped... for a minute. She died. I... I mean, clinically, but... then she came back" he said.

El turn to look at me as I do the same, the two of us realize whatever we did back then works on Max. I slowly pull away from Mike and walk up to Max. I take a seat on the left side of Max, while El take a seat on her right.

Her arms and legs are all in casts. She's also wearing a cervical collar. I gently hold her hand as El do the same. "We're here, Max..." I said, in a soft voice. I close my eyes, focusing to channel my energy to her body. I hope this will be enough to help her heal faster.

***

We head back to dad's cabin. El and I agree that we will be sharing a room again... for old time sake. The two of us wants to keep the memories from when dad was still alive.

We make our way towards our room. El uses her power to close the door, leaving it open just slightly. I take a seat on the bed as I stare out the window. I watch as the wind gently blows on the tree.

"We're all back now, Y/N. Everything will be okay..." El said. I turn my head to look at her and smiles. She smile back at me. She take a seat next to me. I wrap my arms around her, and she returns the gesture.

I furrow my eyebrow as I hear the sound of footsteps coming closer towards us. El and I stand up as we stare at the door, anticipating whatever is coming towards us. I almost hold my breath because I feel nervous.

The door opens to reveal someone we've thought we lost. I let out a gasp as I stare at the familiar face. "D-Dad..." I said, tears slowly building up in my eyes. He smiles at the two of us.

"Hello, kids..." he said. I let out a shaky breath, as I let the tears fall from my eyes. "Hey..." El said. We rush towards him. He welcomes us in his arms as he pulls the two of us in a tight embrace. We cry as we hug him tightly. I can't believe our dad is alive. He's alive and healthy.

"I can't keep the door open 3 inches..." El said, as she keeps crying. Dad laugh at what he said. "Hey, it's okay... it's okay" he said, smiling at her. I smile at him.

"I'm so glad to see you're alive, Dad..." I said. He turn to look at me and smile. "Me too. I'm glad that I'm still given a chance to see the two of you again" he said. We smile at him and hugs him again.

The three of us take a seat on the bed. "You look..." El said. Dad just smile at what she said. "Not bad?" He said, making El and I laugh. I notice his hair is shaved.

"Your hair..." I said, reaching up to place my hand on his head. He let out a laugh. "Both of your hairs" he said, placing his hands on our heads. He pulls our heads closer to him and place soft kisses on each of our heads.

We make our way outside. My eyes widened when I see Mrs. Byers as she hugs her sons. I smile and lean my head on Dad's chest. El leans her head on my shoulder. I wrap my arms around her.

Mrs. Byers pulls away from Will and Jonathan. She turn to look at the two of us. El and I rushes towards her and hugs her tightly. She wraps her arms around us, hugging us just as tight.

I start to feel something ominous coming from the sky. I glance at Will as he places his hand on his nape. I turn my head to the sky to see dark clouds moving closer. Familiar particles starts falling from the sky.

We slowly make our way towards the clearing. El kneels down as she inspect a flower covered in it. She turns to look at me. I give her a worried gaze. She look forward and I do the same. My eyes harden as I realize what it means. The war...

It's not over

End of Book 4

A/N: that's the end of book 4! I will continue this series after the 5th Stranger Things come out. Until then, stay tune! Love ya~