Chapter 20

Life was good. It was Valentine's Day, and that meant a special date night with Iryna, and I couldn't wait. I was hoping that my sneaking around the city the last few weeks was going to pay off, and I had Elske helping before her dinner date with Ella too. Not that Ella had come into town, but they were setting up candlelit dinners and video chats to do the next best thing.

I was the lucky one though, as I had my girl by my side, and I was going to make sure she had a great night.

But hey, it's Valentine's Day, so I started her out with another Thai omelet, getting one for Elske too because I knew my sister would want her girlfriend to have a good breakfast, before getting coffee brewing and then serving it up to Ryn in bed. "Happy Valentine's Day!"

"You know, Logan, for someone who claims to be bad at relationships you're getting really good at this romance stuff," Ryn said sleepily as she surveyed the food on the tray in front of her.

"I got the book, 'Dating Beautiful Girls For Dummies' out of the library. It's been a big help," I told her.

She blushed at that before slapping my shoulder. "Damn, you're getting the smooth talking down too. How about a good morning kiss though?"

One thing that had been on the rise was our kissing. We had done a lot of that, and I had a feeling that as soon as my arm was out of the cast, which should be right before her trip to the NCAA tournament, we would be trying to see how much we could do. As it was, bodies were pressed together as much as my arm would allow, and the kissing had become more and more passionate and frequent as the days went on. I liked that a lot. And I know she did too.

This morning, I didn't hesitate at all. Moving the tray with the breakfast off to the side I crawled onto the bed, straddling her lap and leaning in to give her a kiss to start the day. Yes, I know, I straddled her, but for us it worked. Her lips were tender, her body a delightful mix of muscles and softness that I don't think I could ever get sick of, and her tongue seemed to be the perfect dance partner to mine. Every time I kissed her, I didn't want to stop. I mean that. If they could hook us up to IV fluids so I didn't have to eat any more, I'd happily keep my mouth attached to her lips in a kiss all day.

Or at least until we moved onto other options for my mouth.

Which of course was a whole other ball of wax. When I was with Tilly, we never went there. Our time together was usually a quicky so she could send me on my way, and there wasn't much in the way of foreplay. Needless to say, as much as I wanted to try with Ryn now that we were much closer, I was also petrified to fail at pleasing her because of my inexperience. Watching videos and an active imagination can only get you so far!

"I could get used to waking up like this," Ryn whispered as we finally broke the kiss.

"Me too," I admitted while trying to unscramble my brain after that kiss. "I'm still stunned that you're here now. I keep feeling like it is a dream that I'm going to wake up from."

"I guess we're sharing the same dream then, and I have no intention of letting it end."

I stared down at her, a smile on my face. How the hell was I ever going to thank Ella for bringing this woman into my life? "I like the sound of that. I'd like you to be in my life for a long time."

"If you keep feeding me those omelet's I'll never leave, that is for sure!" she ran her hands up my ribs, pulling me back down for another kiss, this one a little bit shorter so the food didn't get cold. "Happy Valentine's Day to you too, my lovely man."

We didn't have plans during the day, so that meant a lot of snuggling. What better way to spend the day, right? I did have dinner plans, and then a surprise afterwards, but that still gave us several hours of movies and cuddles.