Chapter 45

***Hey, my lovely readers if you are considering pledging to me on patreon please do it on the 1st of the coming month to get the benefit for the whole month***
***Dont forget to follow me guys******

It was not possible tonight. 

I didn't sleep a wink until my eye gave up. Here I was struggling for sleep and he was already sleeping like a baby. I could tell it with the way he was breathing evenly with his hands still wrapped around me progressively. My whole body was exhausted because of all the work he made me do. And now how he made me an emotional mess. My body was exhausted after feeling all those surging unknown emotions. My eyes became a drop on their own when it was out of my control. There when sleep took over me. The next day I woke up to the filling of my thumb pad moving lazily on my cheekbone. I felt tingles on my skin and my shoulder moved to make them go away. My eyelids remained shut even after that lingering lazy finger moved towards my chin and then moved on my lower lip. It slightly parted my lips making me move my face as a small groan left my mouth. I moved forward towards the warmness near to hide my face in it. I didn't want that finger to wake me up. The pillow I had my arms wrapped around vibrated slightly as if it was laughing at me but I ignored it. My eyes were still heavy. So I let sleep still control me. 

Next time I woke up when my stomach growled after smelling the sweet smell in the air. It growled so loudly that it made me shoot open my eyes. I sat up while rubbing my eyes to make the remaining sleep go away. I looked beside me subconsciously. The side beside me was empty where he slept yesterday but it was still warm. Like he walked out of the room not long ago. Thank God he is not in the room or else I would have died in embarrassment after what happened yesterday. My cheeks warm up as the glimpse of yesterday night flashed in front of me. My gaze fell on the big mirror in front of the bed. I didn't notice it before. I looked at my reflection in it. My face is still so red with my long hair resting wildly behind my back with some strands on my bare shoulder. The zip of my hoodie was still undone exposing my upper body. 

My eyes widened when I kept looking at my half-naked reflection in the mirror. I grabbed my glasses from the nightstand to get a proper look at them. I gasped when I saw trails of red marks over my neck shoulder and on the cleavage lining of my bra. He has drawn some kind of abstract on my skin as if it was his canvas. The more I kept looking at those red marks, the more the scene of yesterday night started playing in front of my eyes. I felt my whole body getting heated up so I zipped my hoodie until my chin. I didn't want to leave the room with this face. Anyone could tell that something was wrong with me. If he sees me like this he won't stop smirking at me and I will blush even more. I bit my lower lip in distress. I was so adamant about not going out but my stomach growled again when another delicious mouth-watering smell lingered in the air. I swallowed hard as I found myself in a dilemma. 

Hazel, stop being a baby. You are a grown woman so be brave and face the situation. You can face him without blushing. I trust you. 

My inner voice said, pumping some courage in me. She is right, I can face him. I don't need to keep looking at his face, instead, I can look at the food. I made the perfect plan. I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. I washed my face and brushed my teeth with a new spare toothbrush which was kept in the sink. He must have kept it. After I was done with my business I walked out of his room confidently to face him. But as I was nearing I took baby steps toward the kitchen. I swallowed the big lump that formed in my throat before entering the kitchen. Not before putting on my brave face. I had mastered keeping my face expressionless in the corporate world and it's the perfect time to use it. But my confident facade slipped away when I saw him standing behind the counter shirtless wearing only his apron with a spare cloth laying on his shoulder. 

God, what did I just see? 

He looks so handsome in a way that is hard to express. If I had water in my mouth it would have drooled out of my mouth. I closed my gaping mouth when I realised I was about to drool. He looks so freaking sexy. My heart started beating fast when he lifted his eyes after sensing my presence in the kitchen. His forest green eyes met with mine making me breathe hard for me in the way he was looking at me. He had caught me staring at him shamelessly. 

"Good morning Miss Smith," he said in his morning husky voice. It did something to me. I wanted to groan in annoyance as I was losing it but I controlled it. He smirked looking at my face which had begun to turn red but I cleared my throat and masked my emotions. I walked in confidently not letting him see how nervous I was from inside. Even my legs shook a bit as I walked into the kitchen bare feet. 

"Good morning Sir," I said in my firm voice, still holding my head high. I tried my best not to stutter. I looked at his face for a mere few seconds then as I planned I averted my eyes to food. To my dismay, it was covered. I bit my inner cheek. My plan has already started to fail. Still, I continued walking inside with my eyes fixed on the covered leads. I can still look at them if not at the food. I walked to the fridge and took out a bottle of water to quench my thirst. I felt his forest green eyes moving as I moved. They were fixed on me and it was making me more nervous. I swallowed hard as I kept my eyes on the floor and took the glass to pour some water for me. Stay strong stay strong. I kept chanting under my breath. 

"What's for breakfast," I asked while pouring the water into a glass. I broke the silence first because it was making me more nervous than I was. He didn't answer me, instead, he started walking toward me, making my heart pound even more in my ribcage. I connected my lips to the glass and swallowed the water in gulps. The way he was taking his predatory steps toward me made me want to run away from here. I kept the glass on the counter and tried to make the distance between us but before I could he stood behind me. Goosebumps formed on my whole body when I felt his hot breath fanning my neck. I tried to get out from the side but he placed both of his hands on either side of me making me bite my lower lip hard and close my eyes in distress. 

"Where are you going," he whispered in my ear huskily in his same morning voice. 

"Don't you wanna know what's for breakfast?" he asked in his deep voice which made me grip the kitchen counter tightly. Why can't he tell me what's in breakfast standing as far as possible? I nod my face in a small nod still biting my lower lip in distress. The facade I was trying to hold was slipping away second by second. 

"Good," he exclaimed. I could imagine a smirk appearing on his face. 

"There are pancakes with chocolate syrup, eggs and something special too," he said in his devilish voice, making my heart pound even louder. The way he was telling it made my stomach flip. But the next thing he said made my eyes widen and shivers run down my spine. 

"You" 
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey, guys update for you.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.

Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.

Ashes of a Lie Chapter 69
Stolen Secretary up to chapter 110

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

I will see you at the next update until then take care and don't forget to have fun.

Vote, comment and share.