Chapter 72

***Follow me and vote***

"So Hazel, do you love my son?"

I kept the glass back on the table while still coughing as the water went into my windpipe. A concerned look crossed his face when he lifted the glass. She filled it with water again and handed it to me. 

"Take a deep breath," he said while keeping the glass in front of me. I took deep breaths as he asked me to do. After a few deep breaths, I felt better. 

"Here, have some water and drink slowly this time," he said while forwarding the glass to me. I gave him a small nod and sipped the water slowly. This time it went in the right pipe. 

"Feeling better?" he asked again with the same concerned look on his face. I nodded my head. 

"Good," he said, sitting back in his seat. The whole time he was standing, I didn't notice it. 

"Yes," I whispered in my small voice while still sipping on water. I wiped the tears from the corner of my eyes, which had come out because of coughing. My face was red in embarrassment. such a bad impression I have made of myself. He must be thinking that this woman doesn't even know how to drink water. And she calls her my son's girlfriend. He must be thinking the maid title suits me even more. I put my head down when all these thoughts clashed in my mind. Am I overthinking this, maybe, or maybe not? 

"I should not have asked that question so suddenly when you were drinking water," he said a little apologetically. I was not expecting him to say that. 

"Let's order first, then we can talk after it," he said with a stiff look on his face. He had a very faint smile on his face. His intimidating eyes kept looking at me keenly, waiting for my answer. I gave a small nod in agreement. We soon ordered the food. I didn't feel like eating anything, so I ordered a sandwich and a glass of water. Mr. Addams ordered a full lunch for himself. He especially asked to put more veggies in it, and I was surprised after hearing it. I have never seen someone ask to put lots of veggies in their food. Why didn't he ask me that question again?

"I like veggies in meals," he said suddenly while looking at my face. He misunderstood my surprised expression. 

"I--I was not judging you but admiring. I just remember how I have to force Skyler to eat them every time. Sometimes he even becomes stubborn like a kid. I have to use all the tricks we do to make kids eat all their vegetables," I blurted out without thinking. A small, amusing smile formed on his face. My face again became red. Of course, he knew his son's habits. 

"Sorry," I said while looking down with a sheepish smile on my lips. 

"You don't need to apologise for making my son eat all his vegetables. It has always been a task. I should give you an award for that. I would like to hear more," he said with an amused smile on his face. We talked a little about Skyler and all his good and bad habits. Soon our food arrived. I thanked the waiter and started taking small bites of my sandwich. I didn't want to choke on my food this time. I took caution.