Chapter 162

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

Skyler's pov 

I just couldn't stop thinking about my beautiful dove. We made love this morning, but still, she is what I could think of from the moment I left the house. I need to focus on this presentation if I want to get some work done today. 

"Sir, what do you think?" One of my employees who was doing the presentation asked me, getting me out of my thoughts. 

"Hun," I asked, a little clueless because I had not paid attention to it for a second. I cleared my throat when I felt your eyes on me. 

"Repeat the financial statements," I said in a firm voice while looking straight at them. I have not heard the whole presentation, but I have heard bits of it. He gulped in nervousness, feeling my intense gaze on him. He again explained that part of the presentation to everyone. It had some flaws. I asked them to give me a proper report on it. The meeting was still going on when my secretary came running to me with my cell phone. I must have forgotten it in my office. I raise my brows looking at his distressed face. 

"What is it?" I asked him when he forwarded my cell phone to me. 

"Officer Jacobe is calling. It's urgent," he said with a serious look on his face, and that was enough to raise my anxiety. I grabbed my cell phone and stood up to walk out of the meeting room. 

"Officer, what's the matter?" I said in a curt tone as soon as I left the meeting room. 

"Mr. Adams, where is your wife?" he asked in an anxious voice. 

"She is at home; why do you ask?" I asked in the same cute tone. 

"Please take your security team to tighten the security at your house as soon as possible," he said, still not answering my question. I am running out of patience now. 

"Officer, will you tell me what the fucking matter is?" I questioned again in a mad voice. I could hear him gulping in fear as he listened to my voice. His delay was scaring me from the inside. It was giving me a very bad feeling. 

"Lee had run out of custody when we were shifting him to central jail," he said in his cautioned voice, and my worst fear came to existence. 

"What!" I shouted, making my secretary flinch in his place. 

"Not only that, he has shot one of our officers and ran out with his gun," he said, knocking the air out of me. 

"What were you guys doing all this time? How can you let a criminal run away just like that?" I shouted with raging anger in me. I felt like murdering someone. 

"Sorry, sir, but we are trying our best to trace him. Our force is on it," he said apologetically, pissing me off even more. They should have thought about it before he ran away from their custody. I cut off his call. 

"I don't have time to waste." I barked an order to my secretary and asked Dwayn to immediately go to my house and tighten security around it. He nodded and imminently called Dwayne. I started to call Hazel. Her cell phone was ringing, but no one was picking it up. I dialled and dialled her number again and again, but she was not picking it up. I don't know how many times I called her, but she was still not picking it up. 

"Fuck! Dammit, pick up the call!" I shouted when the machine voice said the person was busy. So many bad thoughts came to mind, but I did my best to keep them at bay. I know that it is sad in our house. Maybe she is sleeping, and that's why she is not picking up the cell phone. Maybe she is playing with Neil and her cell phone is in the bedroom. I kept giving myself hope that nothing was wrong with them. 

"Sir Dwyane is saying your house is empty." My secretary came running into my office with a cell phone in her hand. My heart started to beat fast when he said that. I snatched the cell phone from his hand. 

"What are you saying?" Where the hell did they go? Did you check properly?" I yelled my questions anxiously, holding the cell phone tightly so it wouldn't slip from my sweating fingers. 

"Yes, boss, I checked properly. Now I'm checking the CCTV footage. She was last seen in the parking lot. She took your car. We have trackers in your car, and we are tracing it. We will soon know her location," he assured me before I cut the call. I paced around in my office in distress. Where did she go without informing me? I should have never taken down the security around her. Only because Lee was behind bars did she ask me to take down the security around her. I should have never listened to her. I started to call again. Again, she didn't pick it up. I tried him again and again, and then finally she picked it up. Thank God she picked it up. Relief washed over me, but it didn't last long. 

"Where are you?" I shouted even before she could say anything. I just want to know if she is safe. But before she could answer, I heard another voice speaking. At first, I didn't recognise it, but my eyes widened when I recognised who it belonged to. 

"Scream, and I will finish you and your child." I heard Lee threatening her, and my jaw clenched in anger. That bastard is threatening her. He found her even before me. I signed my secretary's letter asking for an update. I want to know if they were successful in tracing my car's location. I could hear her ruffling from the other side of the line. 

"Hazel, tell me where you are, dammit," I asked impatiently when she still didn't say anything. I want her to tell me so I can reach her as soon as possible. That man is dangerous. He has a gun. I don't want him to harm my family. I was about to ask her again, but this time Lee spoke from the other side. His words fueled my anger and made me burn with anger. 

"If you want to see them for the last time, come to the address I sent you. Don't act smart, or else you won't even get to see them for the last time."

_______________________________________
A/N
Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.
Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary Completed.

Bed of Nails up to chapter 56.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to Chapter 17.

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

Vote, comment, and share.