Chapter 151

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

I don't know how this night will go. 

My eyes were burning, but I didn't let them rest. The worry kept me awake the entire night. Doctors came to check on him early in the morning, and they said he was in a stable position, but they couldn't say anything more because he had still not regained consciousness. Mom and Ellen came early in the morning and bought some clothes for me to change into. I sent Mark home to rest even though he didn't want to leave. Skyler and I stayed outside the ICU room, waiting for an update on Neil. 

"Skyler, Hazel, eat this," my mother gave us two sandwiches. She must have made them for us. 

"No mom" I moved my head in no. 

"I'm not hungry," I said, refusing it. 

"Thank you, but I'm not hungry too," Skyler said, refusing mom politely. 

"I'm not asking you. Both of you have not eaten anything since yesterday. Don't neglect your health now. I don't want my one child to wake up and another to get admitted," she said, handing us a plate of sandwiches. We had no choice but to take a bite. The doctor again came to check on him, and we waited patiently outside for an update. 

"Doctor, why is he still not waking up?" I asked when the doctor came out. 

"His vitals are all stable. The drugs we give him during surgery may be affecting him. Let's wait for a few more hours," he said with a polite, encouraging smile. We had no choice but to wait for him to open his eyes. We were waiting outside when the nurse walked in to check on him, but she suddenly came out running in a few minutes, making my heart beat fast. 

"What's wrong?'' Skyler asked in an anxious voice when he saw her running out. 

"I need to get a doctor," she said while paging him. I looked at the closed door with impatient eyes. I wanted to barge in and see if he was fine. Mark was not even here, so he could go inside and tell us what was wrong. The doctor and nurse came after a few minutes, and they all walked into the room. 

"I'm so scared," I said, with tears falling down my eyes. Skyler pulled me to him. 

"Nothing will happen to him. He is my son. He is a fighter," he said confidently while losing the battle in my head. I wiped the tears from the back of my hand. 

"I just want him to come back home all healthy," I said while burning my head in his chest. My mom was praying to God on the other side. After what felt like an eternity, the doctor walked out. 

"Doctor, what's going on?" Skyler asked as soon as the doctor walked out. 

"His vitals suddenly started to dysfunction," he said, making my eyes widen in fear. 

"But they are now under control." Something happens because of a sudden change in the environment or panic. 

"His drug has started to wear off, and the good news is he has regained consciousness, crying and asking for you," he said while looking at me. My eyes widened when he said it, and my heart filled with joy. 

"C-can I see him?" I couldn't say it without stuttering. 

"Yes, you can, but not without proper precaution. He still has a chance of getting an infection," he said with a serious look on his face. 

"Thank you, doctor. I don't know how to repay what you have done for us. Thank you for saving my child's life," Skyler said while clasping his hand in a firm grip. I continued wiping my eyes with the back of my hand. I had no words to express my gratitude to him. 

"It's my job, you don't have to thank me," he said with a polite smile on his face. We both walked into the ICU after changing our clothes.

"Mama, dada," Neil said in his weak voice when he saw us. The tube from his mouth was now taken away, but there was still a small pipe in his nose to help him breathe. 

"Yes, baby mama and dada are here," I said softly. Tears fell from my eyes when his forest green eyes even recognised us when we were in PPE kits. 

"I'm so scared," he said while looking at us. Fat tears fell from his eyes. My heart broke into a million pieces when I saw his tears. I wanted to run to him and cradle him. 

"Don't be my love. See mama, and dada is here with you," Skyler said in his heavy voice, trying his best not to let his tears out in front of his crying son. I know he was scared too. 

"You are mama's strong boy, right?" I said with a smile on my lips, and he slowly nodded his head. A bandage was around his head and chest. His small body looked so fragile on the big bed. We stayed there for a few more minutes. Neil started to cry when we were going out. We did our best to make him understand that we were outside and would come again to meet him. We managed somehow to calm him down. It was very hard, but we managed. Once the twelve hours were over, the doctor shifted him to a private room. There too, only a few people were allowed to meet him. His condition was improving day by day. He was regaining his health slowly. Now even the pipe around his nose was removed. He could not breathe without it. 

All our friends came to see him. He was so happy to meet his little friends. A week passed by, and I stayed at the hospital with Neil, not leaving him alone for even a minute. Skyler wanted to stay too, but only one person was allowed, so he had to go home. Neil was sleeping peacefully. The nurse has given him his medicine. They were heavy, so he would sleep for a good two to three hours. I decided to rest too. I was sleeping when I felt someone walking inside the room. At first, I thought it was a nurse, but I felt something weird. My mother's instinct made me open my eyes immediately with a feeling that something was wrong. My eyes widened when I saw a familiar face looking down at me with an evil smile on his face. 

"After a long time, Hazel," he said in his itching, scratching voice. Chills ran down my spine, and my heart started to beat fast. 

"Lee" 

_______________________________________
A/N
Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.
Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary Completed.

Bed of Nails up to chapter 51.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to Chapter 12.

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

Vote, comment, and share.