Epilogue 1

***Follow me guys here and on istagarm. I need your support***

Skyler's pov 

I was in a haze, lazily nursing a drink, when I heard faint cries coming from the nursery. It immediately put me in an alert mode. In only a few seconds, I was out of the living room and on my way to the nursery. My baby was crying and rubbing her eyes. 

"Oh, my doll, you're awake," I said while lifting her in my arms. She started to hiccup when I cradled her in my arms. She relaxed under my touch but didn't stop crying. 

"You are hungry, doll," I said, and she nodded her head. It's one of the few words she understands. I smiled, looking at her adorable face. I couldn't stop myself from kissing my eight-month-old's chubby cheeks. She is spitting images of her mother, but with my forest green eyes. She sniffed and pursed her lower lip. It was a sign that I needed to get her to her mother as soon as possible. Hazel gave birth to our daughter two weeks before her due date. I was so scared that day. I can't express how worried I was for them. It was my first time going through it, and I just can't express how long and scary yet anticipating those four hours of labour were. Hazel was in pain and stressed from giving birth and constant labour contractions, but she still managed to be calm. On the other hand, I was feeling anxious every second. After that day, I had more respect and admiration for my dove. I realised how hard it must have been for her to go through it without me the first time. She went through so much to give me our beautiful children. When the nurse handed me our doll, I was on top of the world. I just couldn't believe we had a daughter. I cried for an hour straight. I'm going to be forever in debt to her. I walked out of the house and to the gazebo on my big lawn, where all the ladies were having fun. Everything was decorated with fairy lights to make this place look even more elegant and beautiful. I could hear the loud laughter of ladies teasing my dove. Ava was the first one to notice me. 

"Hey, stop there," she said, and she came running, stopping me from even stepping on the stairs. 

"You know you are not allowed to see the bride before the wedding," she said while spreading her arm wide, not even letting me see my dove. 

"But the doll is crying." I tried to reason and bend my head to get a peek at my beautiful bride. Yes, we are getting married tomorrow. We couldn't get married as soon as she gave birth because we became so busy, but now that our doll is eight months old, we decided it was the right time to make things official on paper. We are already husband and wife by heart. 

"Give her to me and go. Go enjoy your last day as a single man with your gang," she said while taking Harper from me. I still tried to get a peek of her from the side, but Ava looked at me with narrowed eyes, asking me to get lost. I turned around with a slump on my shoulders. 

"You got kicked out?" Zanvil asked me with a smirk and a knowing look on his face. Jack and Michele joined him, moving their heads in amusement. 

"Didn't even let you see her?" Jack asked with raised eyebrows. I moved my head in and I slumped on the couch, and Jack offered me a hard drink with sympathy in his eyes. 

"All your wives are evil witches. They didn't even let me have a glimpse of her, and it's been going on for the past two days," I complained like a child with a pout on my lips. I need my dove. I want to touch her, kiss her, and love her very badly. I was going crazy. I can't fall asleep with her beside me at night. It was already difficult for me, and on top of that, they are not letting me see her. 

"What can we say? They take their bridesmaid duties very seriously," Michele said while sipping his drink with a smirk on his lips.

"It's all bullshit. Why can't I see my bride before the wedding? What will two days of not seeing her change in our lives?" I groaned in desperation and held my glass tightly. 

"Don't know, but it's some old stupid tradition we all had gone through that pain," Jack said while sipping his drink. It's a very stupid tradition. I hate it so much. 

"But none of us followed it." Michele said with an evil smirk on his face. 

"No one is stopping you from getting her alone and doing the things you want to do," Zanvil said with the same evil look in his eyes. 

"Have you forgotten how I got Jane alone?" he said, moving his head in amusement, remembering how he blackmailed me. 

"Yeah, you are right. No one can stop me if I want to meet her," I said with new determination and gulped my drink in one go. 

"I'm going to get her by hook or crook," I said while pouring one more glass of hard liquor for me and gulping it in one go. 

"That's my man," Jack said while patting my back in encouragement. 

"To make things a little easier for you, We will handle the evil witches for you," Michele said, winking at me and making me grin at them. I have the best group of groomsmen. I opened my cell phone and messaged her to meet me. I know the doll must have fallen asleep by now. She is my adorable sleepy head. Neil is sleeping with other kids in his room. I waited for her reply impatiently. My cell phone chimed after a few minutes. She wrote that she can't come because we are not allowed to meet before tomorrow. Only five minutes. I want to see you so badly. I wrote, but I didn't get a reply. So I need to use different tactics to get her. I was going to get her at nursery, but my hopes dimmed when I saw Nina bringing my doll to put her to sleep. 

"Were you expecting someone else?" Nina asked me with a smirk on her lips when she saw me leaning against the wall. She knows me very well. 

"Nope, I was waiting to see my doll," I said while clearing my throat and straightening myself. 

"Yeah, you were," Nina said while rolling her eyes, and then she walked into the nursery. I decided to go back to the lawn and drag her to my bed, but I decided to wait. I hid before Nina could see me. I want her to think I left. I waited for ten minutes, watching from the shadows, waiting for my prey, and my wait ended at the eleventh minute. I knew she would come to check on the doll. She does it every day. I let her check on the doll, but once she was out of the room, I didn't waste time and attacked her. She was startled to see me. I dragged her to the storeroom, where no one would find us.

I locked the door and caged her between my arms. I smirked evilly, looking at her, making her gulp in sweet fear.

I have finally got my pry in my claws.

_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 67 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 26.
Vote, comment and share.