Chapter 160

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

"Marry me, love, and make me the luckiest man alive."

No words came out of my mouth when he said that. I just couldn't form words. Suddenly I remembered the day when he had asked me to be his girlfriend with a ring like this four years ago on my birthday. That day was so special to me. I gave him everything on that day. I became him by all means. But with good memories, all the bad memories flashed in front of my eyes. The day he asked me to get out of his life for good flashed too quickly before my eyes. I was so heartbroken and devastated that day. My mind went on the roller coaster of memory lane. What if he again asks me to walk out of his life? My mind couldn't help but ask this question to my heart, which is eager to accept his proposal. I felt a known fear in the depth of my heart. In the past, I was alone, but now I have Neil too. What will we do if he decides to walk out on life? Silly girl, it won't happen again. He loves you more than anything in this world. You both are his world. My heart said to take his side. So many questions came up in my head. I just can't process all of them. I had a war going on between my heart and mind.

"Hey," Skyler said, which got me out of my memory lane. I didn't realise that I had been crying while looking at the ring. He pulled me into his arms.

"I'm so scared," I said, speaking the words that have been on the tip of my tongue since the moment he asked me to marry him.

"Shuu, I know," he tried to calm me down by moving his hand on my back in soothing circles. I kept sobbing in the crook of his neck, and he did his best to calm me down. He cupped my face when I stopped crying.

"Look at me," he said, making me look at him. I still sobbed in between.

"I'm scared too, but I know this is what I want in my life. All I want is to spend the rest of my life growing old with you. I want to raise our kids together and give them the love of both parents because that's what they deserve," he said softly while looking straight into my eyes. We both didn't have a love for our parents. He lost his mother on the day of his birth, and I lost my father when I was in the fifth grade. He grew up without a mother or a father. We both know how the absence of one of our parents affects our lives.

"And that's not the only reason I want to marry you. I want to marry you because I love you. I can't imagine my life without you," he said softly with a smile on his face. He took hold of my hand and put it in the middle of his chest. I could feel his heart beating.

"This only beats for you," he said, looking into my eyes and making my heart skip a beat. Love and pure adoration are what I saw in his forest-green eyes. They glinted with it. I knew he meant every word he said. I sniffed before opening my mouth. I wanted it too, but I couldn't complete my sentence. Yes, I want it too. I can't leave without him either, but there was a small part of my heart that was scared, which was doubtful.

"I know you want it too, and you are scared to give your answer. Don't worry, I'm ready to wait all my life for you," he said, understanding the dilemma of my mind and heart. My heart felt so at ease when he said that. I was still aghast from everything that was shot in my life. Neil's surgery and then attack us-everything has wound up in my mind. Things seemed to be going at a fast pace, and I needed a little break to make up my mind about my decision.

"Take your time. I'm not running away anywhere," he said with a smile on his face that was capable of dimming thousands of stars.

"And what if my answer is not what you expected?" I asked him. Will he accept my decision? I'm not yet sure about myself, and I want to know if he is ready to hear my answer, which is opposite from what he had planned to hear.

"That would be a big problem," he said in his serious voice, making me look at him with raised brows.

"But don't worry my love, I know how to get a yes from you," he said mischievously, suddenly changing our position. He was now hovering over me with both my hands pinned to either side of my head. He let go of my hands and started to tickle me. I started laughing loudly.

"Stop," I said in between my laughter. I tried to stop him but he started to shower kisses with his tickles.

"I will tickle you until you say yes," he said with a mischievous smirk on his face. Tears started to form in my eyes because of his tickle attack.

"Mama, dada, you are playing without me," Neils said with a sad voice. It made Skyler stop for a second. He stood at the half-open door.

"No, baby, I was waiting for you. Come, buddy, we need to do a tickling attack on mama," Skyler said, making his eyes light up. He came running to bed with his Teddy. My eyes widened because now my father and sons were ready to tickle me.

"Both of you stop," I said between the laughter, but they didn't have mercy on me. I was a laughing mess, and they stopped when I couldn't take it anymore. Neil slumped on me, tired from tickling me. Skyler was on top of us, trying his best not to put his weight on us. We were having a group hug. I kissed Neil's head. Skylee looked down at me and smiled. A happy tear slid from the corner of my eyes.

I would love to start my rest of the morning like this.

_______________________________________
A/N
Get early access to new chapters on Patreon.
Ashes of a Lie Completed.
Stolen Secretary Completed.

Bed of Nails up to chapter 56.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to Chapter 17.

To know more search PatreonBlueDragon95 to find me.

Vote, comment, and share.