Chapter 91

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

"Who is Neil?" 

I swallowed hard and looked away, not giving him any answer. How does he know that name? I had stopped Alan from saying his name in his presence. I decided to walk towards the reception, which was at the corner of the lobby. Maybe by doing this, I will save myself from answering his questions. 

"I asked you who Neil is," he said while grabbing my wrist, stopping me from walking away. A big lump formed in my throat. It's your son. I wanted to say that loudly. I again swallowed hard to answer him, but no words came out of my mouth. I know I can't tell him. I felt a ball of emotions rising in my chest. 

"Why were you saying you loved him even in your unconscious state?" He questioned again in a firm tone when I didn't make any effort to turn around to answer his question. I was done with him demanding and asking me questions. He had nothing to do with us. I took a deep breath and swallowed my tears before facing him. I turned my face to look straight into his eyes. I saw impatience and restlessness in his eyes as he looked at my emotionless face. 

"Because he is the love of my life. He is my life," I said, looking straight into his eyes without trembling. 

"I have someone who loves me as much as I love him. Now leave me alone and go back to your wife," I said while snatching my hand out of his hold. His face darkened, and his eyes stoned like an emerald. The way he looked at me sent a shiver down my whole body, but I kept staring back, not backing away. 

"Hazel, let's go," I heard Alan approaching us. I looked away and started walking towards my brother. I felt his hard gaze on my back, but I didn't turn to look at him. Alan took me home, where Mom and Neil were waiting for me. Ellen was there with their daughter too. Neil was sleeping in her arms. Relief flooded my chest looking at his sleeping face. 

"Oh God, I was so worried," my mom said while hugging me tightly. 

"Mom, I'm fine," I said with a smile on my face as I hugged back. Ellen hugged me too, asking how I was feeling. 

"Mama," Neil stirred up from his sleep listening to my voice. He lifted his small hands in my direction, asking me to take him, and I didn't waste any time. 

"I missed you," he said sleepily while snuggling into my neck. Everyone was looking at us with a smile on their faces. 

"I missed you more," I said with a smile on my face as I placed a kiss on his forehead. After that, mom made me eat lots of food even when I was so full. Alan and Ellen decided to stay the night here. Before closing my eyes, I wished he would stop bothering me. The next day was peaceful, with him not being anywhere. No one bothered me at work; only Arone asked me how I was feeling. The rest of the day went by with me doing work. I hope he goes back. Today I had to go to the bar. When I reached there, I saw all the girls working there standing outside the bar with a distressed look on their faces. 

"What's wrong?  "Why are you all waiting outside like this?" I asked one of the girls walking towards her. 

"Those people won't let us in. They said that we are all fired," she said with a stressed voice while palming her forehead in distress. My eyes widened listening to her words.