Chapter 90

***Follow me here and on Instagram and vote***

Before everything went dark,

My whole body collapsed because of exhaustion. I had stretched and worked it beyond its limit, and now I was pushed down into a deep well of darkness as my body refused to surface. I wanted a break from all the things life was putting on my plate. I just wanted to breathe a deep breath of relief, but he appeared and started messing with my life even more. But now I will be at peace. I just kept falling and getting detached from the materialistic world. where only money matters and nothing else. I opened my hands widely and kept falling. 

Mama!  I heard someone calling me. It was my Neil. Suddenly, I found myself standing on the pathway. He was running towards me. The doctor has told him not to run. I called his name worriedly, looking at him. I tried to run towards him. But the more I tried to cut the distance between us, the more it increased. I shouted at him, asking him not to run, but he wouldn't listen. My heart was beating fast in fear and anxiety. I told him to stay there; Mama will come to pick him up, but he won't listen. Suddenly I hear the loud horn of a truck coming his way. My breath got stuck in my throat, and my heart stopped beating. My baby! 

"Neil!" I shouted his name, and my eyes flew open. Fat tears fell out of it and rolled down my cheeks. I sat up, gasping for air. I tried to breathe, but I couldn't. My baby.  I need to see him. He must be in pain, crying for me. I removed the cover that was on me, but I winced because my hand was attached to an IV drip. 

"What the hell are you doing?" I heard a familiar, mad voice, but I didn't care. I still tried to pull the IV drop, but my hands were caught in a tight grip, stopping me from doing it. 

"Let me go," I said pleadingly while looking at the same forest green eyes that belong to my nail. 

"No, you can't. You need to rest," he said, still not letting my hands go. 

"No, I'm fine. I don't need to rest. Let me go," I said pleadingly as tears fell out of my eyes. 

"No, you are not. Your body collapsed due to exhaustion," I said while moving my head in denial and trying to get out of his hold, but he hugged my body, not letting me go. 

"No, I'm not letting you go anywhere," he said firmly. Suddenly, I started feeling drowsy. My eyes started to close on their own. 

"I want to go. He needs me," I whispered while looking at him with half-open eyes as he laid me down on the bed. He covered my body. 

"I have given her a sleeping injection. She will feel much better when she wakes up." I saw a man in a white coat standing in front of the bed as he informed him. It was the last thing I heard before everything became dark again. I was lost in dreamless darkness this time. The next time I opened my eyes, I found myself in a white room. I closed my eyes as my eyes got adjusted to the brightness in the room. It looked like I was in one of the hospital rooms. What am I doing here? Who brought me here? I thought as my hand covered my eyes. 

"You are awake," I heard a familiar voice, making me take my hand away from my eyes and look in the direction of the voice. I found forest green eyes looking at me as he lazily lifted his head from the bed. His perfectly gelled and combed hair was messed up, and his face held distress. He sat back on the chair, properly masking his face even before I could read it properly. Suddenly, everything came rushing to me. I started to remember everything before I lost consciousness. I tried to sit up, but you found my hand holding his. He cleared his throat and let go of my hand. I wanted to question him. Ask him why he brought me here, but my throat was dry. I wanted water. He offered me a glass of water when he saw I was looking for it. I drank the water in one go, and it quenched my thirst. He kept the glass away while still looking at me. I wanted to question him, but I felt exhausted from arguing with him.