Home

I'm so stupid

This was pretty much the only thought Dream had had for the last 45 minutes.

Dream had been soaring down the highway, his speedometer not dipping below 80mph. He already had a late start to his morning and nothing seemed to be going how he hoped it would.

This day had been building up for years. A day he had thought about in passing and as somewhat of a joke at first. Thoughts of meeting George in person. That thought had turned into a reality- a reality that required a year of patience with the visa office. A reality that he was driving to right now.

He anxiously looked between his passenger seat and the highway ahead of him. The forecast predicted rain, but so far there had only been sunshine and a light breeze since he woke up. Dream had been trying to tell himself that maybe that was a good sign. He took another glance at the passenger seat before shaking his head, focusing on the road.

I'm so fucking stupid

The airport was only a few miles away. He could tell he was close to Orlando International Airport by the influx of traffic before even seeing the signs. All he had to do was park, make sure he got to terminal A before George landed, and not have a panic attack in the process.

Although he told himself he wouldn't indulge in such a stupid luxury, Dream found himself pulling up to the valet parking, rationalizing that he needed the extra time it would save him.

"How are you today, sir?"

He turned off the car just as a stranger opened the door for him, leaning down with a smile. Dream hated valets. He did his best to push his anxiety to the side, holding out his car key to the man with a smile, and leaning over to his passenger seat.

"Hoping to get out of here before the rain starts." Dream said with another forced smile.

"Oh those are beautiful, whoever she is must be one lucky lady. What kind of flowers are those?" The valet asked, looking at the bouquet in Dream's hand.

So, so fucking stupid

"Cornflowers. Thanks." Dream answered with a nod, walking away before the valet could continue the conversation any further.

He found himself holding onto the flowers with an iron grip as he sped walked through the airport, praying that he was heading in the right direction. He hadn't actually gone inside this airport in years, seeing that Sapnap would normally just meet him outside when he came to pick him up.

Dream pulled out his phone, checking his lockscreen. He had temporarily switched it to a picture of George's plane ticket, so he would be able to see the terminal and times more easily.

Terminal A. Gate 22. 11:45am.

Dream sighed when caught a glimpse of the current time. 11:51am. He was late, but he also hadn't heard anything from George. The gate was full of people though, some with signs, some with bags of their own, but almost everyone with a face as anxious as his own.

A few people sitting in seats stood up, catching Dream's attention. He turned to face them, noticing everyone's eyes glued to the same spot.

The plane was pulling up.

I'm so stupid

Dream tried to take a deep breath, relaxing his grip around the poor flowers. There were already a few blue petals laying on the ground beside him, undoubtedly from how much he was aggressively tapping the bouquet against the side of his leg.

Just as Dream went to check the ticket on his lock screen again for the hundredth time that morning, George's contact photo replaced the image. He was calling him.