Hurricane

Okay, so it wasn't quite a hurricane, but it was George's first tropical storm. He was fascinated by it at first, sitting with his face practically pressed against the living room window to watch. In the beginning, it just seemed like a really intense thunderstorm, but that quickly passed.

"Are we supposed to... I don't know, board up the windows or something?" George asked quietly, looking nervously around the kitchen.

Dream and Sapnap were in the midst of having a completely unrelated conversation, talking over last night's leftover pizza. Sapnap laughed, turning his attention between Dream and George.

"I told you he was going to be worse than I was." Sapnap boasted, leaning back in his chair. George rolled his eyes, whacking the back of Sapnap's head when he walked by. George grabbed one of the cold slices, casually stepping away from the large kitchen window.

Dream seemed to catch onto George's not so subtly distancing, nudging him with his elbow.

"All the windows are tempered glass, so even if a tree falls over, we should be fine." Dream smiled, looking back to Sapnap with a small laugh.

"Should be? That's not good enough! Don't we have a bunker or something?" George asked, looking over to Dream with a horrified expression. Sapnap and Dream both locked eyes before bursting into laughter.

"Okay, he's worse." Dream finally agreed. Just as George was about to storm out of the kitchen, all the lights in the house went out.

"Still think I'm dramatic?" George scoffed, turning around just as a flash of lightning illuminated the kitchen.

"Yes." Sapnap answered, turning on his phone's flashlight. Dream and Sapnap instantly started walking around the kitchen and down the hall. George followed closely behind- only to see what they were doing, not because he was scared or anything.

Dream and Sapnap each had their arms full of supplies in just a few minutes. Dream handed George a few lanterns, telling him which corners of the house to put them in. George continued to just stare at Dream, not moving an inch.

"You're not going to go by yourself, are you?" Dream sighed, turning back around to face George.

"I haven't even been here for a week- I'll probably get lost." George shrugged, trying to brush off his embarrassment.

"You've had the floorplan for months, George. You know this house like the back of your hand. Just say you're scared and I'll go with you." Dream laughed a bit, continuing to light a few candles on the kitchen counter. 

"I am not sc-" George cut himself off when what he could only assume was a large piece of a palm tree crashed against the side of the house. He scurried away from the window as thunder crashed right after.

"George, we're fine. Really." Dream reached out holding George's shoulder. "Come on, let's go put the lanterns up." Dream said with a smile, despite the room being too dark for George to see it.

George mumbled in agreement, following closely behind Dream. George found himself holding the spot on his shoulder that Dream squeezed, feeling a bit of comfort in it.

The house seemed to sway with the wind, creaking and cracking with each gust, making George slow his pace.

"Here." Dream said quietly, turning around on the stairs and grabbing George's hand. George tried to pull away, but Dream pulled his hand to hold onto his arm, encouraging George to stay close.

"What's this supposed to do?" George asked, squeezing Dream's arm for emphasis.

"I don't know, comfort you or something." Dream laughed under his breath, continuing to ascend the staircase. George let go immediately, instead grabbing a fistful of the extra fabric on Dream's sleeve to hold.