Cooking

a/n: this chapter was inspired by a tiktok that @monster_fluffer posted where they said they can't wait to see a dream team cooking stream where Dream's 'my way or the high way' mentality goes head to head with Sapnap and George's utter incompetence in the kitchen :)

"We should go live on my channel."

"No way, I'm in the middle of writing a tweet to announce it on mine-"

"It was my idea that-"

"No the fuck it was not!"

Dream sighed, walking around Sapnap and George, who were arguing in the middle of the kitchen. He already knew that no matter whose channel they went live on, he was going to be tortured the whole time regardless.

"Dream, who's idea was it?" George turned, giving Dream his attention.

"That's not fair, he always sides with you." Sapnap interjected, trying to get George's focus back on him.

"It was George's idea first. We can make the main dish on George's channel and then dessert and the taste test on Sapnap's." Dream sighed, continuing to sift through the cabinets, attempting to get all the supplies ready.

"Ugh, fine." Sapnap mumbled, clearly unsatisfied with the plan. George, on the other hand, seemed rather pleased to have gotten his way.

"Okay, are we ready to go live then?" George asked, picking up and rearranging the spices Dream had set out on the counter.

"George, please don't touch these." Dream sighed, taking a shaker of garlic salt out of George's hands. "And for fuck's sake, we're about to stream us cooking, can you get your ass off the counter?" Dream turned to Sapnap, pulling on his arm to get him out of his seat on the counter.

"So bossy." George laughed, nudging Sapnap.

Dream rolled his eyes, going back to prepping everything as neatly as he could, while Sapnap and George adjusted the final settings before going live.

The kitchen was one of Dream's happy places. He was able to tune out the buzz of the world around him, numbing his mind just enough to where he didn't have to think about the stress of his job- but focused enough to notice if he got any eggshells in the bowl. It was a nice middle ground for him.

He spent a lot of time in the kitchen when he lived with his parents, seeing that he was homeschooled and his mom was a stay at home mom. She taught him recipes, proper kitchen etiquette, knife skills, and the optimal way to do things around a kitchen.

Before his dad had gotten promoted at work around the time he was in early middle school, his mom actually worked as a chef in some fancy restaurant he and his younger siblings weren't allowed in. She not only brought the high stakes line cook mentality home with her, but she also instilled that mindset into her sous chef, Dream.

"Dream, come on, you're not even in frame." George said over his shoulder, pulling on the tie of Dream's apron.

Dream shooed away George's hand, retying his apron once he was in frame. Well, as close to in frame as he was going to get. The camera cut off around his nose, because Sapnap and George had aligned it for their height, not accounting for his.

"Hello!" Dream, George, and Sapnap all said back to back, each of them waving to the camera. Dream only hunched over for a moment so his face was in frame, quickly standing back up straight. He didn't mind that most of his face wasn't actually in frame, seeing that he wasn't really planning on doing facecam streams in general post face reveal.

Sapnap and George got right to work on entertaining the stream, talking about the dishes that they would be making, and plugging the stream Sapnap would be doing right after. Dream, however, was trying to get things started while they were distracted.