(S)pain

"That's nice, George- real fucking nice." Dream scoffed, grabbing his bag to leave.

"How was I supposed to know you'd react like this?" George yelled, following one step behind him.

"Are you blind? Are my feelings for you seriously not written all over my face?!" Dream turned around in a frenzy, causing George to stop in his tracks.

This wasn't how Dream wanted George to find out about his feelings.

Honestly? Part of him hoped George never would.

One day, Dream wanted to be the best man in George's wedding, the godfather to his kids, and to forever stay by George's side, even if only as his best friend.

But that was then and this is now.

Now they're in Spain together, wrapping up their last obligations before heading to Twitchcon in Paris, followed by a trip to London to see George's family. At least, that was the plan, but things hardly ever go as planned with them.

"What feelings? What the fuck are you even talking about?" George pleaded through a frustrated groan, stepping in front of their hotel room door, blocking Dream's path.

Dream let out a shaky breath, swinging his bag over his shoulder. It was painful enough to look at George right now- let alone continue whatever this fight was.

"Move." Dream deadpanned, though his vision had gone blurry from his tears.

"What. Feelings." George repeated, emphasizing each word.

Dream had half a mind to push George aside- strength was in his favor after all.

But despite everything George had put him through, Dream still couldn't imagine doing anything to hurt George.

He could never hurt George the way George hurt him.

"Please, George, just let me leave." Dream whispered, wishing that his eyes would stop watering, his chest would stop aching, and that looking at George wouldn't be such a painful task.

When George reached towards his face, probably to wipe a fallen tear, Dream swatted his hand away. He wanted to believe that after all of this, George's gentle hand on his face would feel like glowing embers pressed against his skin.

In reality, Dream knew he would find too much comfort in it.

"I think you've touched me enough." Dream muttered, turning away to dry his eyes. He thought things would be different moving forward, thought maybe his days of wiping his own tears were behind him.

It was foolish of him to believe that.

"Dream it was a joke-"

"Not to me it wasn't." Dream shook his head, his bottom lip quivering. He bit down on the inside of his cheek, trying to gain some semblance of control over his body, but the shake had started to spread down his limbs.

When Dream finally scraped together enough strength to meet George's gaze, George looked beyond defeated.

Any other time, for any other reason, Dream would move mountains to get that look off George's face. He'd go to the ends of the Earth to find a way to bring the carefree smile back to the face he loved so dearly.

For the first time, Dream felt relieved to see the sense of remorse on George's face. Even if George didn't necessarily understand that he was in the wrong, at least he knew he fucked up.

"Look- it was in poor taste, I'll give you that. If-if I had known you had feelings for me or whatever, I wouldn't have done it!" George tried to rationalize, reaching out for Dream again.