London

a/n: this is pt 2 to Homesick (the chapter before this)

"Idiot." George whispered under his breath, watching fondly as Dream slept in the seat beside him.

They were about four hours into their nine and a half hour flight to London, nearing the halfway point. Dream had fallen asleep in the middle of the second Harry Potter movie they were watching, the earbud still placed in his ear.

It was surprising how quickly their travel plans transpired. The morning after their talk in the kitchen, George wandered into the living room to find Dream sitting with his laptop, looking up flights from Orlando to London.

Dream had excitedly tapped on the cushion right beside him, requesting George help him look for flights. The first one available to book was about a week and a half away, which George was thankful for, seeing that it gave them time to prepare.

George also found himself thankful for the delay when he realized there seemed to be a shift in the way Dream acted around him since the plans were made.

The gentle touches that George usually only received in seldom passes from Dream were more frequent now. In fact, it seemed like anytime they were in a room together, Dream had to be touching him in one way or another. It all was a bit overwhelming to George, but it showed George that overwhelming wasn't always bad. He was actually learning to enjoy it quite a lot.

The feathery touch of Dream's fingertips trailing across George's back. 

The way Dream chose to always sit directly beside George on the sofa, despite the entire sectional being available.

Especially forehead kisses.

Whether it was early mornings waiting for the coffee pot to finish brewing, George dozing off on the couch for a nap, or late night conversations over leftover takeout- the one thing they all had in common was Dream never left without kissing George's head.

George snapped out of his reminiscing and reached over to adjust the coat Dream was using as a makeshift blanket.

The flight they chose was an evening flight and most of the passengers were also sleeping. George was beginning to think he was the only one still awake. He didn't mind the solitude, finding peace in the quiet hum of whispers between the flight crew.

"You should go to sleep."

George turned to see a groggy and tired looking Dream staring up at him, his seat fully reclined back.

"You should go back to sleep." George whispered with a smile, tugging the headphone out of Dream's ear. Dream looked displeased but he didn't voice it. Instead, Dream leaned forward, pressing the button to recline George's seat.

George stifled his laugh, allowing Dream to lower his chair to the same level as own, making them eye level again.

"It'll be midday when we land, I don't want you to say you're too tired to show me around." Dream explained, taking his coat off his lap and draping it over George's instead.

George watched breathlessly as Dream meticulously adjusted the coat around him, making sure it covered as much of him as possible.

"Sleep." Dream repeated, saying it much more like an instruction than a suggestion this time.

George rolled his eyes as a response before closing them and making quiet, fake, snore sounds.

"You're such an idiot." Dream laughed under his breath, mindful of the actually sleeping passengers. He brought his hand to George's cheek, pulling him in close enough for his lips to reach his forehead.