Thanksgiving

a/n: This is a part 2 to Halloween. Holidays are going to be a bit of a mini series, where they all take place in the same au and are a continuation of one another 

Dream loved Thanksgiving.

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Sending out sappy texts to his friends reminding them just how much he loved and cared for them, eating the best food his mom made, watching football with his family- there was so much to love about the holiday.

And this year, there was one more thing to love about it. This was George's first ever Thanksgiving- both in general and since he moved to America.

George was a bit apprehensive about American holidays, which had taken some getting used to on Dream's side of things. For example, George wasn't the biggest fan of Halloween, finding the decorations and concept of trick-or-treating to be baffling.

It took a bit of convincing, but George seemed to come around to the idea of Halloween. Dream was even amazed how George really came out of his shell that night. That was the first time George ever really indulged him in being affectionate.

Plus, this was Thanksgiving- at the end of the day, it could be simplified to being about food, and George loved any food he didn't have to make himself.

Dream, although he didn't have any intention of admitting this to anyone, was hoping that this holiday would have a similar effect on George as the last.

Dream had been thinking about the way he held George on Halloween for the last few weeks, waiting for another opportunity like that to present itself. He was already swooning at the idea of standing in his mom's kitchen with George, hugging him from behind, explaining what all the different foods were.

Dream didn't want to push George too much, seeing how the way he let Dream hold him on Halloween was already a bit out of character for him. But tomorrow, Thanksgiving, seemed like the perfect excuse for Dream to be able to show George just how thankful he was for him.

Though, for the time being, Dream was elbow deep in kneading pie crust.

"Do you need any help?"

Dream turned around, finding Sapnap leaning against the counter, sticking his finger into the unbaked pumpkin pie filling.

"No thanks, and don't eat that. It has raw egg in it, you'll get sick." Dream scolded with a laugh, returning his attention to the crust.

Dream always made the desserts for Thanksgiving, even when he was a teenager. Not to brag, but he had perfected just about every pie recipe out there.

"Okay, well are you going to be done in the kitchen soon then?" Sapnap asked, ignoring Dream's advice and sticking another finger into the uncooked filling.

"Uh, no. Definitely not." Dream laughed, wiping his hands off. He walked over, grabbing the bowl of filling, and taking it away from Sapnap.

"Can you hurry-"

"Why do you need the kitchen? You can't even cook." Dream cut off Sapnap, sighing when Sapnap moved to snack on the cinnamon apples he prepped for the apple pie.

"George said he's gonna make something but he doesn't want to get in your way. So that means I have to listen to him complain, which is annoying. Hence why I'm trying to get a timeline on how long all this is going to take you." Sapnap shrugged, eating another apple slice.

"I've never seen him cook something that wasn't for a stream. Go tell him everything's taken care of and not to worry about it." Dream furrowed his brows, turning his attention away from the pie crust again.