Chapter X : The Date

~Seonghwa~

Hongjoong asked me to get ready for 4:30 p.m. for the date. I was so stressed, I started to prepare right after lunch. I couldn't choose the right clothes, the right makeup, the right fragrance, the right everything. I had my heart set on an all white outfit I found cute, tight turtleneck tucked in high-waisted loose dress pants secured with a belt. Is he going to like it ? I chose to go for a really soft makeup, rosy glitters on my eyelids and gold highlighter on my cheekbones. Should I put on some lip-gloss ? But what if we kiss ? Won't that bother him ? After careful consideration, I just applied a little bit of lip balm.

I had 20 minutes left when someone knocked on the door. "Are you ready?"

My heart started to beat so fast. "Hongjoong." I whispered.
I lightly coughed. "I mean. Yes, I am!"

I fixed my hair for the hundredth time and opened the door. He was putting on his shoes, he immediately stood up when he saw me. "Where and when did you change?" I asked before shyly said.. "You look really great."

He was clearly blushing, standing there with only one shoe on. "I didn't want to disturb you so I took all the stuff I needed in San and Yunho's room this morning and went to work. You should have seen how happy they were when I told them. Anyway, I changed like 2 hours ago and I was just counting the minutes till now because I couldn't wait to see you and to spend time with you.
I got scared you could change your mind and cancel the date.
I like your outfit too. You're so gorgeous, I can't believe you dress like that to go somewhere with me. And I-"

"Okay. Okay, I got it. Joongie, stop talking." I tried to calm him down. He was panicking again or he was just excited. Either way his hands were shaking so I decided to wrap my arms around the smaller man. It's usually easier for him to cool down if he was some type of physical contact and I honestly wanted to hug him. I gave him a soft kiss on the cheek. "Is it better? How are you feeling? Can I let go?"

"No, not yet. Stay just a little longer." I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Shouldn't we go somewhere?" I asked, still holding him against me.

He quickly pushed me back, put on his other shoe and handed me my own shoes. "You're right. Let's go!" He opened the front door and headed out.

"Yeah, wait for me." I almost fell trying to put on my shoes as fast as I could. Who goes on a date without their date ? Can I kill him ?

"Hongjoong!" I chased after him.

"We're gonna be late. Go faster!" He offered me his hand, a wide smile on his face.

I tapped it and I walked in front of him. "Don't make this cute face. Let me complain you left me at the door." I stopped when I heard him laugh. "Don't laugh at me!" I gave him a nudge and began to laugh with him.

"Okay handsome. Here, take my hand and follow me." After his words, I interlock my fingers with his and just walk next to him. We weren't really talking but that wasn't awkward. No words needed, it felt comfortable.

He stopped in front of a tea shop, he held the door for me to go in. It smelled like hot chocolate and marshmallows. The music wasn't too loud, just enough for us to enjoy it. The decoration was soft, white booths with light blue cushions on the seats. Wood shelves with lots of books placed against pink painted walls, cat trees leading to the top of the bookcases. A fluffy white cat rubbed himself against my legs. I turned around and looked at Hongjoong. He was talking to a waitress, took a glance at me and gave me a small wave. I couldn't hide the redness growing on my cheeks, this man is killing me.