Of all the things I never said... Chapter 1

Gray POV
"Fight me, you pervy popsicle!" Natsu shouts from across the room. I ignore him and swirl around the ice cubes in my drink. I'm tired of fighting... Can't he just see it's pointless? Natsu shouts again and I sigh. Guess not...

I slide my chair back and stand up. "Alright Fire Freak, I'll fight you. But only on one condition..."

"Hmmm? And what's that?" He asks eagerly. I stare into his onyx eyes for what seems like forever.

"Y- y'know what? J-just forget it."

Natsu gives me a look that sends shivers up my spine. Oh great... He probably thinks I'm an idiot. My palms start to sweat as I get nervous. Natsu notices because he says...

"On second thought, maybe I'll go fight someone else." He walks away in silence. I however, slump back down in my seat with my hands burried in my face.

"Gray? Are you alright? You aren't normally one to back down from a fight." Erza says curiously.

"I'm fine Erza... Just tired."

"Are you sure? You've been acting this way for a while now..."

"Yeah, almost three months." Lucy chimes.

"Guys, don't worry about me, I'm fine." I look up and my eyes are immediately focused on Natsu, who seems to be picking a fight with Sabrine. She looks annoyed, and I must be right because she nails Natsu in the gut without having to use any magic.

"Isn't Sabrine amazing?" Our newest member, Zaeli says walking up to me. "That's the power of a "Z" class wizard!"

"Yeah. Amazing. Just amazing..."

"Aw, I think that'd be cute," Lucy says.

"What are you talking about?"

"Why you and Sabrine of course, who else? I mean, you used to love her, didn't you?"

"Things change, Lucy. Besides even if I did still love her, which I don't anymore, she already has someone else."

"Whatever, I'm going to go eat some pizza now, toodles!" Zaeli flips her thin brown hair and skips away. Lucy and Erza start talking about Sabrine and I and start squealing like fangirls.

"God I'm surrounded by idiots." I mutter.

My eyes are drawn back to Natsu, to the table, and back to Natsu. It doesn't matter if I used to love Sabrine... There's only one person I love now, and I have no chance. I mean... Why would he pick me? He hates me, he always has... And he always will.