~Of all the things I never said~ Chapter 11

Natsu POV

"Gray, a letter came for you!" Lucy exclaims as she walks through the doors holding up a slightly torn piece of paper.

"Just hand it to me." She slips him the paper and he slowly unravels it.

"So, what does it say?" I ask.

"Just that I'm due for another appointment. Everything seems to be going smoothly, so this is my last checkup for a while."

"Really? That's great!" I hug him tightly.

"Hey, calm down. You don't want to damage my lungs, now do you?"

I laugh. "No baby, I want you to suffer." I say teasingly.

"Well that's not very kind," he says pulling me into his arms. I guess he would tell that I was worried because he said, "Don't worry Dragneel, I'll be alright. After all, I have you, don't I?"

"Yeah. You have me." I fake smile. Honesty, it's been hard lately. Going with Gray to the hospital every day, waiting countless hours just to see if he's alright, it just gets tiring. Gray, he's great and all but, I just don't feel that much of a connection to him than when we first started dating...

"Good, then let's go." Gray grabs my hand and pulls me out of the guild and towards the hospital.

Once we reach the hospital, I'm forced to sit in the waiting room while the nurses run thousands of tests on Gray. I pull out my phone and attempt to play flappy bird to pass time. "Dammit!" I yell as the bird crashes to the ground. People stop and stare at me like I'm a psychopath, but I don't care.

Suddenly a red light flashes and the doctors start panicking and running. I jump out of my chair. Did something happen to Gray? Is he alright? I walk over to the receptionist and ask her to tell me what's wrong, but she just panics. "O...Kay." I walk back to my seat.

I guess the only thing I can do now is wait. Please tell me it's not Gray.... Please...

"Excuse me, are you Natsu Dragneel?" A nurse holding a clipboard walks over to me. I stand up.

"Yes, that's me. What's wrong?"

"Well you see, we were running some tests on Gray Fullbuster and I thought I should let you know that we needed to rush him into immediate surgery. His cancer is spreading, and I'm not sure if he'll be able to make it. Just be prepared for whatever the outcome."

She smiles and walks away, leaving me speechless.

A/N: Hey guys, I know this is really short and all, I'm so sorry. There's been a lot going on lately, so I don't have much time right now. But hopefully I'll have more time next week. :( I'm sorry again, and have a wonderful day!