~Of all the things I never said~ Chapter 20

Natsu POV

I stand, wiping my tear stained cheeks. I place my hand on the wooden handle, determined to walk in. However, something stops me. I'm not entirely sure what's happening, all I know is something is preventing me from entering. I sigh and whisper four words. "I love you, Gray." I walk away, my back turned to his apartment. God, I'm such a fool. Why? Why did I break up with him? How could I have been so foolish? How could I have lost the best thing that happened to me?

"Natsu!" A familiar perky voice shouts. I look up to find an eager blond running in my direction.

"Oh, it's you." I say, slightly disappointed.

"Yeah. Well, I saw you leave the guild so I wanted to make sure you were alright." She grins.

"You don't need to follow me around all the time, it's not like we're dating or anything."

"So, that kiss meant nothing to you?" She stares into my eyes.

"I don't know what came over me, okay? Besides, you know about my feelings for Gray."

"So you kissed me because you were confused?" She frowns.

I shrug. "Sorry Luce."

"Well, I have to go." Lucy quickly walks past me. I sigh and walk the opposite direction. Gray...

Gray POV

"Are you sure?" The brunette asks me.

"I'm sure." I say, over the phone.

"Gray, are you absolutely positive?"

I sigh. "Yeah. I'm positive."

"Let me ask you one more time. Are you sure?" She says, her voice breaking.

"I said yes. Okay? This is what I want to do."

Silence. Several seconds pass by until she finally speaks again. "...Fine."

"Thank you for understanding."

"Hey. I never said I understood. All I said was I'll support you, but this... I don't understand why," She yawns.

"Because, I- I just need to do this. I'm tired of being such a burden to everyone. I'm tired of causing trouble, I'm tired of always talking about my problems. I'm tired of being a worthless selfish brat."

It goes silent again, but this time, there's no response whatsoever. "Sabrine?" I say into the phone.

"Huh? Did you say something?"

"Wow, am I really that boring to listen to?"

"No, I'm just tired, that's all. Sorry Fullbuster."

"It's alright."

"So, when?"

"When what?"

"Are you seriously that dumb? When do you..."

"Today. Now if possible.'

"Now? As in right now?"

"Yeah, that's what I said."

"You don't want to do something first? Go somewhere?"

"No. Sabrine please. Stop hesitating. Do this for my sake."

"Alright Fullbuster. I'm coming over." She says sniffling. "I'll see you soon." She hangs up the phone and I do the same.

I look over to the picture of Natsu and I hanging on my wall. I never took it down, did I? Well... I guess this is it. There's no turning back now. I close my eyes, shedding an excess tear. I hear knocking sounds on the door. It opens and Sabrine footsteps fill the house.