~Of all the things I never said~ Chapter 9

Gray POV

Natsu and I hung out at my place until the party. We had a great time, playing video games and singing to bands, the time I had spent with Natsu was the best thing that's ever happened to me.

If only... It could stay like this forever.

"Gray," Natsu says.

"Yeah?"

"It's time."

"Great," I mumble. Parties aren't my thing, it's just... Stupid. I mean... What's so fun about watching so many drunk people try to do the impossible? It's ridiculous, but if Natsu wants to go, then I'll go too.

"Grab your coat, we're walking."

"Dude, it's like below freezing, we can drive over."

"Motion sickness? Hello? Did you forget?"

"No. I'm just trying to make you miserable," I say sarcastically. "No, I was worried for our health. I don't want to freeze out there."

"But I thought the cold doesn't bother you."

"It might not bother me, but it bothers you."

"Awe, you care about me!"

My face turns bright red. "N-no I don't."

"Yes you do." He punches me playfully in the arm.

"Let's just go to this stupid party." I huff.

"Then let's go!" He grabs my hand and pulls me out of my apartment.

~Time skip to Lucy's house~

Natsu POV

We arrived at Lucy's house a little after eight. I grab Gray's hand to reassure him that everything will be alright. "Hey," I say in a calming voice. "It's just a party. It'll be fine. Nothing's going to happen to you."

"Yeah. Okay," He says letting go of my hand.

I can feel my heart skip a beat. Did I do something wrong? "Gray, are you mad at me?"

"No. Why?"

"Did you not want to hold my hand?"

He runs his fingers through his hair. "I'm just not thrilled about tonight. You're acting like it's prom, when it's a stupid ass party."

"I'm sorry."

"Whatever," he says, barging in through the front door.

"Gray," I say following him. "Wait up."

I watch Gray sit down on an empty couch. The house is full of partying and drunk people. It's very loud, but Gray takes out his phone and pops his earbuds in his ear. I walk over to Mira, who's maintaining the drinks. "Hey Mira!"

"Oh hi Natsu! Are you having a good time?" She smiles.

"Well I just got here, so..."

"I see. Well anyways, would you like something to drink?"

"Yes please. Two glasses of wine will do."

"Two glasses as once? Natsu, I'm not going to let you overdose."

"The second glass is for Gray."

"Oh okay. But does Gray drink?"

"I think so."

"Well, here you go." She hands me two glasses full of purple liquid. I make my way back over to Gray. I sit down beside him.

"Hey."

"Oh, it's just you, Dragneel."

"Wine?" I ask, handing him the drink. He takes it and sets the glass on top of the wooden table.

"No thanks. I don't drink."

"Oh. My bad."

"It's cool."

We sit there in uncomfortable silence. A sudden urge comes over me to ask him another question. "Gray?"

"What?"

"You... do like me, right?"

"Why does it matter to you?"

"Aren't we... together?"

"I dunno, are we?"

My face begins to turn red. "Gray," I say, pushing him off the couch and onto the floor. I sit on top of him, glaring daggers. "Why are you acting like this?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about. Now please get off of me."

"No."

Gray ignores me anyways and pushes me off him. I stand irritated and walk over to Erza.

"Oh hey Natsu, what's up?" Erza asks as I slowly approach her.

"Why is Gray acting so weird?"

"What do you mean?" The red head looks over my shoulder and at Gray, who's sitting on the couch with his head in his lap.

"Gray's been acting weird lately, and I don't know why."

"Oh, Gray didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

"Well... how do I put this? You see... Gray, he has cancer."