~Of all the things I never said~ Chapter 7

Natsu POV

Once Sabrine told me she was fine with Gray and I, I was overjoyed with happiness. Gray was too, it was the first time I've seen him smile in a long time. It made me so happy to see him like that.

"So guys," Lucy begins. "I'm having a party tonight. And you're invited."

"I don't like parties. Or people." Gray states.

"Please Gray! It'll be fun!" I plead.

"Fine. But only for you."

"Yay!" Lucy chimes. "My place, tonight at eight." She grins. "See you there," she says, walking out of the guild.

"Sabrine!" I call out. "Are you going to the party."

She growls and stands up. She walks over to us and grumbles, "No."

"Why not?"

"Because, I hate all of you. I'm can't concentrate on parties, training is my top priority, and besides... Parties are stupid. Like all of you, so it's natural that you all go."

"Wow. O- okay then."

"Natsu, I'm going back to my place, wanna come?" Gray asks.

"Sure!" I start to follow Gray out of the guild, but someone stops me. I turn to find Sabrine gripping my wrist. "Is something wrong?"

She's silent, but she stares into my eyes as if she wants to tell me something. I see her eyes start to water.

"Sabrine?"

"Natsu," she says weakly. "Take... Take care of him, okay?"

"Yeah I will." I grin. I start to walk out, but she stops me again.

"Natsu," she breathes.

"Yeah?"

"There's something about Gray you need to know."

I turn around. "What happened?"

"I'm going to let him explain. But if/when he tells you, you have to always be there for him, okay? Promise me."

I laugh. "This is so out of character for you... You're actually starting to scare me. But don't worry, I'll always be there for him."

She grips my wrist even tighter. "This isn't a joke Natsu. I just... I don't want you to make the same mistake as I did. That's why you have to promise me."

"I promise. But... If something were to happen, you'd be there, wouldn't you?"

"I'm sorry Natsu." She whispers.

"What are you talking about?"

"... Nothing. Forget it." She walks back to the bar. Laxus puts his hand on her shoulder, but she pushes him away. "It's pointless." She mumbles.

Pointless? What exactly is she talking about? What is Gray hiding from me? Well... I guess I'll just have to find out, won't I?