~Of all the things I never said~ Chapter 8

Sabrine POV

Natsu... Please don't make the same mistake I did. I don't want you to go through the same thing. Dammit. Why is this so complicated?

I feel a warm hand rest on my shoulder. I turn to see Laxus staring at me. "Are you alright little sis?"

"I'm not your sister, I thought we cleared this up. Makarov adopted me after the whole... Incident. I'm not your sister, and I don't plan to be."

"Damn why are you being so cold?"

"I'm always like this."

"Yeah, but ever since you walked in here and saw Natsu and Gray, you've been all crabby and defensive. Are- are you jealous?"

"I am not crabby and defensive. And please, what would I be jealous of? There's nothing to be envious about." I snap.

"Then what's wrong?"

"What's wrong is that you're still talking to me. Everyone needs their own space, so just leave me be." I stand up and swing open the door to the basement and walk down the stairs in anger...

Normal POV

"Yo Mira, could I get the usual?" Laxus asks the pretty silver haired girl.

"Sure thing, babe." She hands him a glass and pours a dark liquid into the cup.

"So, what's up with Sabrine?" He asks.

"I don't know, she's not one to talk about her thoughts, or life... You know?"

"Yeah, but she just seemed a bit agitated so I just wanted to make sure she was okay."

"I heard that she might be leaving the guild, but it's probably just another rumor."

"Again? She already left once."

"She was expelled. But as I said, it's a rumor."

"Where'd you hear it?"

"I heard this from many people, that Ryu and Sabrine were going to travel the world together, before the next competition. But I mean... that doesn't seem to be something to get all worked up about."

"Then maybe it does have to do with Natsu and Gray."

"When I think about it, it makes sense why she told Natsu what she did."

"I wasn't paying attention, what'd she say?"

"Just that he needs to always be there for Gray."

"Oh that's right, Gray still hasn't recovered, has he?"

"No, he hasn't."

"Do you think... We should tell Natsu?"

"Nah sweetie," the blond says. "Let's let Gray tell him when he's ready."

"Yeah. You're right."