~Of all the things I never said ~ Chapter 17

Gray POV

"I'm... dying?"

"Sorry Gray." She shrugs.

"No, it's cool. I thought the treatment was successful, that's all."

"Well, there is one way we might be able to treat it," the nurse says.

"Why are you still here?" Sabrine demands.

"Ignore her." I smile at the nurse. "How?"

"Well, it won't be easy. It'll require some time and surgery that'll be very painful afterward. That is, if you can survive the surgery."

"What the hell? What kind of nurse are you!" The mage exclaims. "You people in this damn hospital don't give a shit about anyone. Even I'm not that heartless."

"Please calm down, miss." The blonde says nervously.

"No. I won't calm down. You said he was fine, and now you're telling me he's dying. Don't get me wrong, he deserves it, but still..."

"Hey!" I say.

"Shut up Fullbuster." She turns to the nurse. "And then, you have the nerve to tell him he most likely won't survive the surgery? What the fuck is wrong with you?" She smacks the horrified girl across the face.

"Sabrine!" I shout. "You can't just do that."

"Well I just did." She rolls her eyes. "I'm leaving, Gray, let's go." She storms off and I bow to the nurse.

"I'm so sorry. She gets out of control sometimes. Um... I'll get back to you on the surgery, okay?" I race after Sabrine, tears streaming down me face.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell?" I yell, slamming my fist against a tree.

"What's your problem?"

"You. You're my problem. I can't believe you did that. You can't just hit someone because you're angry."

"Sure I can," she says, slapping me. She smirks as I groan. "Oh, the irony."

"I hate you."

"It's fine with me, I hate me too." The words echo in my brain. I look down at her stoic face. She stares into my onyx eyes. "What?"

"Nothing, it's nothing."

"Okay then." She continues walking and I follow her.

"Sabrine?"

"Yeah?"

"Should I do the surgery?"

"Only if you want."

"But that's the thing, I don't know."

She stops and turns to face me. "Well, do you want to live?"

"Honestly, I don't know anymore. I don't really have anything to live for, but I don't want to die."

"Jezz Fullbuster, why is it that every time I'm around you, you have to be negative?"

'Sorry." I mutter.

She runs her fingers through her hair and sighs. "No, it's my fault. I guess I've just been out of it. These past years I've been away, and then Ryu, I haven't been supportive enough. I'm sorry." I look at her, blinking back the tears. She smiles, a real smile, and places her hand on my shoulder. "You've got Natsu, right?"

"Not really."

"That pink haired goofball does care about you."

"Well, he certainly has a funny way of showing it."

"Well then, you've got me." She grins and I smile back.

"Yeah."

"I'm going to let you make the decision, alright? Just know that whatever you choose, I'll respect your decision."

"Before I make my decision, I want to do one thing."

"And that'd be..." I walk over to her and whisper in her ear. She nods in understandment. "You want my help for that?"

"Yeah." I rub the back of my neck. "So is that a yes?"

"I don't know..." She puts her palm out. "Maybe some cash will help me decide."

"You're a terrible person."

"Just hand me the money."

"Fine." I dig out my wallet and give her fifty jewel.

"Okay, so what's the plan?" She asks, putting the money in her pocket.

"Alright, so I was thinking..."

Time Skip to the guild (bc I'm still lazy XD)

I walk into the guild, Sabrine trailing behind me. My eyes immediately scan for Natsu. Sure enough, he's here. However, he's busy kissing the one and only... Lucy Heartfillia. My chest sinks instantly and I blink several times to prevent my tears from staining my cheeks. I turn around and bump into Sabrine.

"Excuse me?! Watch where you're going."

"I thought," I say weakly. "I thought you said Natsu cared about me."

"I say a lot of things to a lot of people." She replies simply. "I lie, it's what I do."

I sniffle softly and wipe my eyes. "Why would you lie to me?"

"I lie to everyone," she says looking into my now sad eyes. "Look, it's hard for me to express my feelings, okay? That's why I lie about a lot of things. But I'll be honest with you, I truly thought the dope cared about you. But I guess he moved on, and if he did... Then you should too."

"I don't want to move on," I say crying quietly.

"Gray, you have to. Or at least try. Go home and rest, okay? I'll be there later to check up on you. But for now, you need to try and relax."
She pushes me out the door and slams it shut.

Sabrine POV

Why did I even agree to help him? I have better things to do than deal with this. I glance toward Natsu's direction. He's still kissing Lucy, as if he didn't give a care in the world. Then again, Natsu means everything to Gray. Man what a pain...
I take out my phone and click the power button. The light flashes and I receive several notifications. I scroll down and find at least fifteen missed calls from a very familiar number. I unlock the phone and call them back. I walk out of the guild, waiting for him to pick up.

"Hello?"

"What do you want?" I demand.

"Oh, Sabrine it's you. What's up?" The distant voice says.

"Why did you call me?"

"Well... There was something I wanted to talk to you about."

"Unless you're dying, I don't care. Oh wait... Even if you were, I still wouldn't care." I walk around, following the dirt path leading to the main square.

"Sabrine, please hear me out."

"If this is your way of saying sorry, then just hang up now."

"Please, I'm begging for you to hear me."

"Make it quick, I'm busy."

"Well... Just turn around."

I turn around with the phone still up to my ear. Ryu's standing right before me with a stuffed bear and flowers. I hang up the phone and slip it back into my pocket.

"What?"

"I'm sorry for everything. I didn't mean to hurt you. I don't know what was going through my head when I was with you last, truly. All I know is that everyday since then, I've not been able to take my mind off you. Sabrine, I may be an idiot and not know much, but if there's one thing I do know, it's this... I love you."

I fake smile. So, he does care. And if Ryu cares, then Natsu isn't over Gray yet. Natsu loves Gray from the bottom of his heart. That fool, he's just to afraid to admit it. "Whatever," I say, grabbing the flowers out of his hands. "Why would I care about a doofus like you?"