~Of all the things I never said~ Chapter 10

Natsu POV

"Gray has.. cancer."

I'm speechless. My mouth drops open. There's no way. That can't be. But... Gray
seemed perfectly fine. "Erza, you're joking with me, right?"

"No Natsu. I'm serious."

"Then... why didn't he tell me?"

"Almost everyone knows so... maybe you weren't paying attention?"

"Maybe. But still... I feel like he should've said so when we first started dating."

"Natsu, give Gray some time. He isn't your everyday average person."

"Yeah, I know."

"Well, I'm going back to Jellal. We're going to play spin the bottle." She winks at me before walking away.

"Okay, have fun." I call. I sigh and walk back over to Gray. I sit down beside him. Should I confront him? I shouldn't... but... maybe I should. Everyone needs to know that they're not alone. "Gray." I say softly.

"What Natsu." He demands.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you about what?"

"You know exactly what. I can't believe you were lying to me."

"I don't have to tell you anything."

"But I'm your boyfriend..."

"You've been my boyfriend for what? Two days now? Jeez Natsu, stop acting like a little girl who thinks the whole fucking world revolves around her, because it doesn't."

"I'm sorry."

"Tell me something I don't know."

"Gray..." I grab his hand. "Don't push me away. You aren't anything like Sabrine, so there's no need to be so cold. I'm here for you, I'll always be here. I just wanted you... to know that. Because... I lo-... care about you."

"Natsu." He says quietly.

"Yeah?" Something warm and cozy wraps around me and I smile.

"Thank you."

I wrap my arms around him. "No problem."

Natsu's  POV (after time skip)

Two years have passed by. Gray and I have been happy ever since he told me about his cancer. I took him to the hospital where they ran some tests. They said that Gray should be fine, but they want to check up on him every now and then. Honestly, I'm just happy Gray's been acting like himself. He hasn't worried about anything lately, which is a good thing I suppose.
Now that I think about it, everyone's been happy lately. Lucy and Loke are dating, and Erza's with Jellal almost 24/7. Laxus and Mira are engaged, and the rest of the guild is always cheery.
But Sabrine on the other hand, she left the guild... again. Apparently she's traveling the world with Ryu from one of our rival guilds. Nobody's heard of her ever since I told her that Gray and I were together. I get the feeling that her absence is my fault, but nobody really knows anything about her.
Zaeli's the same, just a little more depressed. She used to follow Sabrine around like a lost puppy. But she hangs out with Gray and I more often. She's... a very interesting person I guess you could say...

Gray walks up to me. "Oy Natsu, I've got something important to tell you."

"Yeah? What's up?"

"Well, you see... I'm breaking up with you." He says with a serious expression. Suddenly, the air goes still.

"WHAT?" I fly up out of my chair with my mouth dropped to the ground. "W-whhy?" I stammer.

Gray stares at me before bursting into laughter. "Haha, dude! I was kidding! Man, you should've seen your face." He falls onto the ground cackling.
Blood races to my cheeks and I punch Gray in the gut. He screams. "Ow! What the fuck?"

"Don't ever scare me like that!" I shout. We both stare at each other before breaking out in laughter. The whole guild does the same. We all laugh for a good ten minutes.

Man, I love this guild!