~Of all the things I never said~ Chapter 13

Gray POV

"Get out." I say harshly.

"What?"

"GET OUT!" I say again, but this time, screaming. "Clearly you don't need me, an certainly, I don't need you."

"Fine, I will." Natsu says, biting his lip to avoid crying.

"Then GO!"

"God Gray, I fucking hate you, I hope next time, you die." Natsu says in anger. He opens the window and jumps out."

"Use the fucking door." I mutter. I lean back, resting my head against the wall. Did he really mean it? He wants me to die? Fuck, why do I have to be cursed with this? Why did I just let the most important thing in my life just slip away? I'm an idiot.

A single tear, soon followed by many, streams down my face. "Dammit!"

Hours pass by, and the only thing I could do was cry. I wipe my face, forcing myself to sit up. I reach for my cell, and dial the guilds number.

"Hello?"

"Gramps, it's me, Gray."

"Ah Gray, how was the surgery? Where's Natsu? He hasn't come here for at least two weeks now."

"The surgery was sucessful, but Natsu, he... He dumped me a few hours ago." I say weakly.

"I'm so sorry, Gray."

"Me too, but is Sabrine there? I need to talk to her."

"Unfortunately, she left... Again."

"What's her cell?"

"Gray, as much as I'd like to give it to you, I can't just hand it over. Her phone is special, only for members of the Occultist Trials. Only other participants, council members, and guild masters are eligible to have her number."

"Gramps, please. I need to talk to her."

"Why?"

"Just trust me on this. She's the only one I can turn to now, just please understand."

"Hmm... Alright," he says at last. "I'll make an exception."

"Thank you."

"I'm only going I say this once, so listen up. Here's her number..." He tells me the digits slowly.

"I got it, thank you." I hang up the phone an dial Sabrine's cell.

The phone rings at least five times before someone picks up. "Look Makarov, I don't have time for this. I don't care what you did to get into the hospital, I told you to call me if it's utmost important. So what if you blacked out, just listen to me and stop drinking, you goddamn fool."

"Sabrine! I gasp. "It's me, Gray."

"Gray? What do you want?" She snaps.

"Look, I know you're pissed off at me, but this is important. So before you hang up, I need you to listen to me."

"Why should I? I don't owe you anything. We broke up a long time ago, I'm not going to be there for you anymore. If you want someone to complain to, complain to your boyfriend."

"Sabrine." I say, my voice breaking down. "Natsu... He broke up with me this morning."

It goes silent. After what seems to be forever, Sabrine finally speaks. "Look, I don't have time for this. I'm busy. You don't need to depend on me for everything. So what if you broke up, I mean... Why would I give a fuck?"

"Sabrine! I need you! You're the only one I can turn to now! Please help me out."

"...goodbye, Gray." She hangs up the phone.

I drop the hospital phone and lean back, so my head is against the wall. "Dammit." I yell with tears streaming down my face.

"Dammit."