~Of all the things I never said~ Chapter 2

Gray POV
I feel something warm brush against my shoulder. I turn to find Natsu's hand. I quickly shove him away. "Get off me!"

"Are you okay man? You're acting strange."

"I'm fine. Now please just... Go away." I turn away from Natsu and go back to staring at the ice cubes in my drink. I try to drown out the sounds of the chair next to me rustling by looking in any direction but Salamander's.

"Dude, you're not okay." He says at last. "You can't just push me away, tell me what's wrong." I listen to the firmness in his voice before shaking my head.

"You don't care about me, so stop pretending that you do. Do us both a favor and stop talking to me." God. Why did I just say that?

Natsu tries to rest his hand on my shoulder, but I won't let him. "WHY CAN'T YOU JUST UNDERSTAND THAT I DON'T WANT TO BE AROUND YOU?" I stand and run out of the guild, my eyes all blurry.

He can't find out. He just can't...

Natsu POV
What's up with him? He's been acting strange for a while now. "Did I do something to piss him off?"

"What are you talking about, Salamander?" Gajeel says. "Don't you always piss him off?"

My face immediately turns red. "N-no." I stutter. "Whatever, He's just a jerk."

"Maybe you should go look for him and apologize," Lucy instructs.

"Apologize?! What would I apologize for? I didn't do anything, and besides, just because he's acting strange doesn't mean it had anything to do with me."

"I think it does. He's been acting weird ever since you two came back from that job." Lucy grins sheepishly which just makes my face turn an even darker shade of red.

"Natsu. You will apologize to Gray." Erza says strictly.

"Why? I'm telling you I didn't do anything!" I protest. Erza glares at me which makes me jump. "Okay, I'll apologize." But what would I say? Gray and I aren't exactly close... I mean... I wish we were though... Wait, what?

Gray POV
I sit down by the Sola tree in the center of the park. Rain starts to pour as I try to hide my existence under the wet leaves. My body begins to shiver as wind begins to blow from all sides. Why am I cold? I'm an ice wizard, I shouldn't feel cold... I lean my back up against the tree and bite my lip to prevent tears from leaking out. Damn. I'm pathetic aren't I... Sabrine...
I hear sloshing sounds as a dull but familiar scent wafts through the air. I look up to find a pinkette in front of me.

"Oh. It's just you."

"Yeah," Natsu says sitting down on the mushy ground beside me. "It's just me."

We both look up at the sky and it begins to thunder. Lighting strikes a tree which makes me jump. Natsu turns towards me and I shiver again, my teeth chattering.

"Gray... You're freezing, let's go back to the guild or something."

Gray? Did he just call me by my real name? I look into his worried eyes. No Gray, you have to stop thinking of him. You have to push your feelings aside. You have to-

"Hey, Gray. Listen... There's something I want to tell you." He shifts his body towards me.

Tell me? He wants to tell me something? Oh god, I wish you'd confess your feelings. I really hope that's what you want to say... I hope- no Gray! Stop it! You can't go through something like this again... I won't let you.

"No. That's not right," he says scratching his head. "There's something I have to tell you..."