Ch39- visiting

[word count (including this + authors note):2500]

3rd person POV

Izuku awoke the next day to the sound of birds chirping outside his window, his phone's clock reading 5am. Izuku was bursting with energy, but at the same time somehow too lethargic to move. A conundrum indeed.

He laid still on his bed as the energy built up inside of him, pressure building like mentos in a coke bottle until it finally burst. Izuku shot out of bed, practically propelling himself through the air before sprinting down the stairs towards the kitchen, like a coin being sucked towards a magnet. He had to do something, it felt odd now to not be in the cafe at this time, he needed to be doing something, anything.

Izuku quickly zipped around the kitchen, making up breakfast for when the others would rise as well as brewing himself some coffee (on the weaker side, the last thing he needed at the moment was more energy but he found a little comfort in his routine morning coffee). He'd make one up for Aizawa and most likely shinsou when they came down to make sure it'd still be piping hot, the breakfast on the other hand could always be reheated and would taste practically the same either way. Once Izuku had finished, he took his coffee and plopped himself down on the cracked leather sofa as he waited for somebody else to wake up and join him.

Surprisingly, the first to come down was Shinsou, walking groggily, looking entranced as he headed towards the kitchen before freezing as he got a whiff of the earthy scent of the coffee grounds that he craved. He looked over to the living room area and spotted Izuku sitting there, their eyes locking as silence ensued.

Izuku pulled himself up from the sofa and gestured to shinsou for him to sit down to which he complied with slight confusion, he then set the kettle to boil before beginning the process. Shinsou watching on in awe just as Aizawa had done 'father like son eh?' Izuku thought to himself with a chuckle. Shinsou looked down at the mug in front of him in disbelief, taking a sip as his tastebuds jumped with joy. He wasn't sure how he had managed to make the coffee so strong but he'd be damned if he wasn't grateful that Izuni knew how to. Izuku watched as a grin seeped its way onto shinsou's face as he drank without his knowledge, chuckling as he seemed absorbed in his own little world with only the coffee and himself within it. Izuku pulled out his phone and snapped a quick picture, not realising that he'd left flash on, Shinsou turned to face him with an unimpressed look as Izuku sweat dropped.

"Smiley Shinsou." Izuku whispered with a cheeky grin, Shinsou immediately got up from his seat and began to try and wrestle the phone from izuku's hands and remove the cursed photo from existence. The two rolled around on the floor in peels of laughter as Shinsou continued to miss the phone again and again "Come on Izuni!" He groaned as he took another swipe at the device "Never." Izuku replied with a wide grin.

Shinsou eventually fell away from him, sprawling out across the floor as he caught his breath a smile still plastered across his face as he laughed between wheezing breaths. Izuku following suit and letting himself go limp on the carpeted surface. Izuku turned his head to look over at him, taking in the rare sight of Shinsou's bright smile.

"You've got a nice smile you know. It'd nice to be able to see it more often." Izuku told him quietly with a soft smile of his own. Shinsou turned over to dumbly stare at Izuku with a blank look on his face, frozen for a moment (A/N: Shinsou.exe has stopped working.) before he felt his cheeks heating up, immediately rolling over to face the other way to hide it as he lightly kicked Izuku in the gut with a huff. Izuku giggled as he pulled himself up off of the floor, offering his hand down to shinsou's still breathless (slightly pinker) form. Hesitantly, Shinsou took the hand offered as he felt himself being pulled up from the ground, keeping his eyes fixed on the floor "thanks." He mumbled as he quickly hurried to leave the kitchen and presumably go back to his bedroom. "I've made breakfast by the way, come down when you want some!" Izuku called out to him ' I think I might've just made him even more uncomfortable-' Izuku thought to himself, lightly tapping himself on the head with his fist.