Ch44- The hero killer

[word count (including this + authors note):3036]

(I wrote most of this at literally almost 3am I cannot be bothered to proof read rn I'm too tired so we're just going with it)

3rd person POV

Izuku guided another couple of civilians over to the safe zone as the cogs in his mind began to turn, attempting to figure out a way out of this. He needed to go and find Iida, the device he'd put on him was set to alert him only if his friend was in mortal or near-mortal danger so for all he knew Iida could have a knife to his throat this very second. But at the same time the wrecked train was crawling with nomu and full of terrified civilians, not many heroes had been able to get over there yet either with how quickly the attack had progressed so there was no way he could realistically leave without endangering likely hundreds of lives.

"Shinsou, I need to go and find Iida, I'll explain later but it's important I promise! Do you think you can handle the rest of the civilians?" Izuku called over to his friend with clenched fists as he returned from the train with a young boy in his arms, shinsou looked over at him with furrowed brows, opening his mouth to question him before he noticed the urgency welling in his friend's eyes, deciding, reluctantly, to just trust him on this. He gave him a short nod, hesitating for a moment longer before diving back into the fray.

Izuku wasted no time in quickly sprinting away from the scene, pulling out his phone and Linking it up with the device to track its location as he ran. The device popped up as a little red pulsating dot on the on-screen map, thankfully not too far away from where he was in that moment. It'd only take him a few minutes max to get there if he used his grapple gun. He grabbed the gun from his belt and quickly began to use it to swing across the streets. He could only hope he wasn't too late.

As he made his way over to the location, he passed by roughly 10 heroes in total all making their way towards the site of the train wreckage; setting his mind at ease just a little as he readied himself for whatever he was about to stumble upon, he could be walking in on a villain fight at best or a corpse at worst. Whichever it were, he had to be prepared to face it no matter what.

Izuku dropped down to the ground with a roll at the entrance to a rather wide alleyway, he quickly checked his phone to confirm he was in fact in the right place before cautiously edging his way further down into the alley, as he drew further into the space, a silhouette became visible beneath the darkness and what sounded like a voice became just about audible. Izuku spotted a very conveniently placed pile of wooden crates not too far ahead and quickly dashed further down the alley and hid behind them, peeking out around the edge to get a look at just what he was dealing with.

His eyes widened as he realised just who he was seeing, the hero killer stain was stood just a few metres away from him, holding his blade high in the air, only then did Izuku look down to see Iida's frozen form lying right in the blades intended path. He moved quickly, grabbing a crumbling piece of brick from nearby as he ran out from his hiding spot, tossing the brick ahead of him to knock the blade away. It collided with the metal with a sharp clang, sending the blade flying away out of the hero killer's grasp.

The hero killer paused for a moment as he turned back to look over at the blade that'd been in his hands mere moments ago before turning to look over in the direction the unexpected projectile had seemingly came from. "Now what do we have here? Another child trying to play hero?" Came the hero killer with a snarl "Leave now or you'll share his fate."

"Get away from him. Now." Izuku ordered as he shot out his grappling hook, using it to drag the discarded blade over to himself. "Izuni? What are you doing here? Leave now! This isn't your fight!" Iida called, craning his neck as best he could in his paralysed state to glare over in his direction with unbridled fury burning in his eyes. "Interfering like this is what heroes are meant to do Iida. I'm not going to stand around and let my friend get killed by a crazed serial killer." Izuku told him firmly, not taking his eyes off of the enemy in front of him.