C H A P T E R 6

11:43 AM

Hey. Could I come visit you guys at lunch?

Of course you can. May I ask why? You don't do this often.

I just need to get my mind off of something. Maybe social interaction will help.

Did you take your meds?

It's not about that.

I never said it was. Why did you jump?

Because you would've asked that if it wasn't.

You're smart, Shadow. The lunch bell rings at 12:10.

I know. I went there.

Right. See you then.

It was one of the weaker excuses on Shadow's list, but it seemed to work.

He didn't want to be extreme, or else it would be suspicious.

It would be reasonable and make sense if there was something bothering him, as it happens often, and that's when he would either go to parties or host them.

Talking to people and just watching other people doing things distracts him.

Rouge didn't question it, as she and Knuckles told Sonic about his medication.

She felt a little bad since she hadn't reminded him in quite a while.

She asked Knuckles if he has, and he responded that he hasn't with the same guilty expression.

Even if he just started taking his medication again, it wouldn't take effect until he started taking them daily again.

It's possible that even his brain wasn't used to the random introduction of the drugs after so long, so it could be affecting him negatively.

Sadly, Rouge didn't know how it worked.

But she didn't mind seeing him, as she would feel better knowing where he is.

Besides, maybe he could get to know Sonic so that he wouldn't be so uncomfortable all the time.

After everyone gathered around, she told them what was happening.

Everyone looked at her confused, as it was true, Shadow had never done this before.

He dropped out of high school for a reason.

He didn't want to go back anytime soon, for any reason.

They all tried not to look bothered, but it was a strange occurrence.

Shadow didn't just want to go there just to sit there like a duck.

So, he went to a fast-food restaurant and got some food for all of them.