- 5 - books -

"ok, i have a good one", nic spoke up from his position at the foot of freyja's bed. madi laid next to freyja, nestled amongst the cushions, and matt and chris sat on the window seat. it was 2:20 am, and the group was trying their best to keep quiet. 

"shoot", matt and chris said at the same time. they look at each other. "triplet telepathy", nic stated in a creepy voice. the room erupted into hushed giggles. 

"ok, but seriously, nic. what is it?", matt spoke up once he had finished laughing

"would you rather go and lie on the beach and watch fireworks, or go to your dream concert?". everyone paused to think over nics question. freyja was the first to speak up. 

"I would pick the fireworks", everyone gasped, confused and surprised by her answer. chris began to protest, but freyja held up a hand to stop him. "hold on, just listen. the reason I would pick a fireworks show over a concert is that it's the thing I would prefer. sure, concerts are great, but they are loud, and I feel like even if you go with friends, you can only really enjoy it by yourself because you cant communicate with each other. if you see a fireworks display, you can spend quality time with the people you love, and talk about it together."

silence filled the room, as everyone else rethought their answer. "I'm still going with the concert", matt spoke up. "sure, I get where you're coming from, freyja. but sometimes concerts are a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and you get to see fireworks at least once a year", matts argument filled the silence.

"I'm going with fireworks", nic whisper-called from across the room.

"same", madi agreed.

"you guys are crazy", chris yelped, and everyone shushed him. madi threw a pillow at his face. 

"ok, ok", madi interrupted, always the mediator and the calmest. "but if you were given free tickets to any concert in the world, who would you pick? its a once in a lifetime experience, and your tickets are right at the front."

the room was silent once again as everyone thought. freyja leaned forward and grabbed a handful of pretzels out of the bowl in the middle of the bed.

"ok, this is hard for me. i don't know whether to go with lil skies of dominic fike", chris's voice was confused as he thought over his answer from across the room.

"ok, but think about it this way", nic always has the wisest and most sensible opinions. "who is more likely to tour more often, and who would you be willing to pay the most money for front row tickets?". 

chris answered quickly this time, not even needing time to think. "lil skies is definitely more popular, and I already have tickets to his tour. dominic fike has never gone on tour and doesn't have one planned. if someone handed me tickets to his show, id snap that shit right up".

"ok so chris thinks dominic fike. i would go with billie. obviously", nic rolled his eyes, and madi groaned at his obvious answer. 

matt was the next to answer. "im gonna go with my home girl nessa barret. gotta support the fam, ya know". freyja blushed bright red at this answer. she didnt want to feel jealous over something as stupid as this.

"im gonna go with harry", madi said, and the boys groaned at her mainstream answer. "of course you're a fucking harry girl", nic said.

"ok, shut up nic. your the one that picked billie", nic glared at madi and she flipped him off. "ok, freyja, who would you pick?", he asked, turning his attention to the girl hidden beneath the blankets.

"ludovico einuadi", she replied simply, turning her attention back to the bowl of pretzels. the boys look at each other confused, and madi just shrugged.