- 16 - pasta -

FREYJA'S DIARY - 10TH GRADE, 2020

monday, august 31, 2020

dear diary,

it was my first day of 10th grade today, and boy was it hectic! im now officially in senior school, and i had to go to my new caregroup. of course i had to get the WORST teacher: ms kristjánsson 🤮🤮🤮. it seems like all she does is yell, and shes very judgemental. there are four other people from my year level in my caregroup, and im not friends with any of them. one of them moved here last year from australia, and his name is jay. ms kristjánsson yelled at him because a) he had the wrong type of pencil (b not hb) and b) because he 'had a bad haircut'. i mean, i don't like this kid, he's really annoying, but cut him some slack!

my first lesson was double maths, but at least i have a nice teacher. i can't remember his name, but the popular girls were all whispering about how he's hot. I beg to differ, and so does anna. charlie is neutral, considering he's a guy and isn't gay. thank the lord they are in my maths class. if they weren't, i'd have to deal with the popular girls all year. gross. 

first break was pretty boring. some kids in 7th grade stole our usual spot under the poplar tree, so we had to go and find somewhere else to sit. we ended up huddling next to the heater outside mr hestler's english classroom because it was cold. its always cold.

ok, english is where the day got really interesting. charlie is the only friend i have in english, and anna has tech when we have english. we have a pretty good teacher, and she just gave us our work then left us to it, which is exactly what i like. charlie and i picked a table at the very back of the room, and the teacher was in the middle of introducing herself when there was a knock on the door. she opened it, and a guy walked in. he sat down at the table in front of us, and when i say he was hot, i mean it!!! he was tall, and wearing jordan 1's and a denim jacket. his hair was dusty blond and curly, and from what i saw, his eyes were blue. i accomplished next to no work after that, because i was staring at the back of his head the entire time. i don't think charie noticed. 

after english, i had history, and charlie isnt in my class. but guess who is??? hot guyyyyyyyy! yessss! i have no friends in that class, and we have a shitty teacher, so i sat in the back corner by myself. hot guy (yet to be named) sat in front of me again. im sure it wasnt deliberate because he hadn't so much as looked at me, but you never know i guess. i was still distracted by the back of his head, but i did my work because i didn't want to get on the teachers bad side. halfway through the lesson, hot guy turned around in his seat to face me. my heart was beating so fast!!! he looked me right in the face, and he smiled. his teeth were so white! he said "do you have a pencil i could borrow?". his voice was the voice of an angel oh my god. i blushed and gave him one. then at the end of the lesson, he turned around and gave it back to me. he barely looked at me that time, which was kind of disappointing, but not too bad.

there was only one more major event that happened today. i was on my way to my locker after school, and i was rushing because i have book club after school at the library on monday's. i was like a corridor away from my locker, and then i smashed into someone. i had been looking down so i obviously couldn't see, but guess who it was? hot guy again! he had dropped all his papers on the ground so i bent down to help, apologizing profusely. i felt so bad! i saw the name on one of his papers: einar. once he had his stuff, he said thankyou, and smiled at me again! i got a good look at his eyes, and they were so blue! i probably looked like such a mess!

that was today, i guess. new crush? who knows.

freyja