- 9 - pineview -

the flight from la to the dolomites felt like it was 10 times longer than the one from iceland to la. in reality, it was only longer by a couple of hours, but to freyja and madi, it felt like the flight lasted a lifetime. the girls walked down the terminal, their hair a mess and they had big bags under their eyes. madi's neck was sore from leaning against freyja's shoulder and the window, and freyja's shoulder was sore from madi leaning on her.

 chris had texted madi ten minutes before, telling her they were waiting at the entrance to the terminal. once the plane had landed, both girls had used their phones to make themselves look as decent as possible, but in reality, sleeping on a plane for over five hours didn't do their looks many favors. madi tried her best to smooth her hair down as they neared the entrance to the airport, but of course, it did nothing. 

chris, nic, and matt stood at the terminal entrance, waiting expectantly. it had been nics idea to fly the girls out and to be honest, they were just surprised laura had agreed. nic had the vlog camera out and was getting ready to film the reunion. 

he turned to matt, who had his eyes on the terminal. "how we feeling, bernard?" matt turned around and tried to swat the camera away, but nic didn't budge. "don't call me that. and I'm excited to see the girls again."

chris leaned into the frame and grinned mischievously. "mainly freyja, am I right?" he elbowed his brother in the ribs, but matt just socked him on the shoulder. "that's not true. nic, cut that out".

nic leaned forward to dab his brother up, and while they were distracted, matt saw the girls walking up the ramp towards them. "madi! freyja!" he ran towards them and hugged madi. he moved towards freyja and awkwardly wrapped his arms around her waist. chris and nic ran down the ramp, and chris picked madi up, spinning her around. nic leaned down and hugged freyja. "I'm so glad you are here," he whispered, before moving on to hug madi. 

"ducky jonsson! good to see you again!" chris exclaimed, happily. freyja grinned, leaning forward to hug him.

the group began to walk in the direction of the rental car. matt and nic walked with madi, and chris hung back with freyja. they were in the middle of another in-depth conversation about dominic fike when freyja felt her phone buzz in her pocket. ill look at it after, she thought.

freyja and chris were so engrossed in their conversation, that freyja didn't notice they were outside until a gust of icy wind blew past. she looked up and gasped. white mountains covered in snow disappeared into the misty sky. the clouds were gray, and snowflakes were coming down hard and fast. "it's so beautifu-" freyja was interrupted when chris grabbed her hand and started chasing after the others who were almost at the car. 

when they finally reached the car that was now covered in white snowflakes, matt was in the driver's seat, with nic next to him in the passenger seat. madi sat in the middle, leaning against the window, and chris climbed hurriedly into the car, sitting next to her. freyja got in last, and chris reached across her, slamming the door shut to stop the snow from coming in. "that was close!" matt exclaimed as he pulled out of the park and began to drive.

"are you guys hungry?" nic twisted around in his seat so he could look at the girls. as if on cue, freyja's stomach grumbled. madi laughed. "yeah. plane food is not very filling." chris fake gagged, and matt began to drive around the side of the airport.

freyja's phone buzzed again, and now that they were in the car, she pulled it out of her pocket. she had two notifications: one was from laura, and one was from her Instagram. she opened laura's text first. how was your flight? it read. freyja reassured laura that she and madi were fine, before opening Instagram.