CHAPTER 11

It was Wednesday evening and Merrowman pulled up his largest piece of an old meteorite which he stole hiding under the cloak of a nebula that just so happened to be surrounding the latest baby star nursery. Luckily, all the starlings were fast asleep and he slid in and out with his treasure. He liked to use it as a table when he was playing cards with the Asteroid brothers, or just to admire it, but tonight, it was a seat for he and Kaleus. "Now, are you certain that you want to really do this thing?" Kaleus raised a few star eyebrows high. "Thing?" he asked. "Yes, going down to Earth. Meeting that human female. You are risking your ass, for one. If Father finds out, I don't wanna be near you." Kaleus shrugged both of his star shoulders - which were nothing more than two long lines of stars. "I don't care. I am going tomorrow night." The two sat quiet, deep in their own thoughts. A few comets broke the silence arguing over who was the faster one. Finally, Merrowman spoke. "You know, I have known you for well.... I guess I don't really know how long, but just know that I will do just as we planned." Kaleus smiled at him, his five stars turning into a smile. "I know I can count on you. I tell you something, Merrowman, I cannot stop thinking about her. I don't know what you call it, and I have never felt this way before."

Merrowman yawned then, but having no tongue to stick out, just made the sound. "Am I boring you?" Kaleus retorted, a little miffed. Merrowman sighed, a small amount of blue gas coming out of his mouth, not strong enough to blow even the tiniest star around to get pissed at him. "No, it's not that. It's just that, well, I hear things. There's something that you may be in right now, and I am sure glad it's you and not me." That got Kaleus up and into warrior stance. "What?? What is it? Do I need my sword?" He started to glow and manifest his sword. "Calm yourself down," Merrowman told him, turning his head back and forth. He pointed to the meteorite. His sword finally went dim, then out, and Kaleus sat back down next to him. "Then what is it?" Merrowman let out a sigh. "I hear the humans sometimes call it "infatuation," he said, crossing his two long star arms across his chest. "What does that mean?" Merrowman made a groan then. "Don't you ever eavesdrop on the triplets? Queen Nebula? Callisto?? - you have to hear her mouth run all the time! She's the biggest gossip out of all the moons of Jupiter!" He threw his two star arms up in the air, shaking his head at Kaleus. Kaleus was clueless. "Adore? Having a crush? Fall head over heels?? Don't any of these human expressions mean a thing to you??" Kaleus was even more confused. "Fall head over heels??" That made him scratch under his chin, which was two pointed stars. They moved when he scratched them, then went back in place.

"Why would a human fall head over heels?" A loud laugh broke the conversation, and Damaskus came striding over, with Eugenia and Daphne, the prettiest asteroids in their part of the sky, one on each side of his arms. Daphne winked at Merrowman when they came strolling up. "So, brother," Damaskus said in his loud, booming voice. "You would rather not go out with one of these beauties and still want that human female?" Eugenia giggled and Daphne hugged Damaskus tighter. Kaleus was going to kill Damaskus. He actually spoke of his plans to Eugenia and Daphne! Merrowman interjected. "What are you talking about, Damaskus? We are never going to that stupid planet Earth. What kind of nonsense are you talking about?" Damaskus kissed the top of Eugenia's head, which was smooth, for an asteroid, and then kissed Daphne's, so they didn't get jealous. Completely ignoring or not listening to his brother and Merrowman, Damaskus started to float off with the asteroids. "Well, we are off for a good time."

Merrowman felt bad for Kaleus. Damaskus could be such an idiot, but all in all, he was a damn good warrior. "Ok," Merrowman said, picking up their conversation before Damaskus interrupted. "Let's forget all about human terms for now. Do you know which black hole you are entering?" "Yes," Kaleus droned out. "The southernmost black hole. It will lead me to the location where she lives. There, I will be able to speak and will form a body conducive to what a human looks like. It should be fine. I am a warrior. I can handle this." He stood up and his sword manifested in all its' glory. If an astronomer or stargazer happened to have looked up right at that minute, he or she would have seen a bright perfect line of stars outlined in the night sky, then fade away. "How about a game of cards?" Merrowman asked, pulling out a deck he stuffed in a hole inside the meteorite. It will calm you, believe me." Kaleus stood straight, manifested his sword again, and swung it, the bright stars lit on fire. He then burned it out, sat down, playing cards with Merrowman.