Chapter 4: Trapping wolves

Being married into Baekjo's family for almost a week, Wonwoo realised that none of the family members dined together. Occasionally, he would see Mr Myoui or Mrs Myoui at the dining table during breakfast but he hasn't seen both at the same time since the wedding. Madam M and Mina usually come home late in the morning depending on their flight schedule but he rarely sees them home either.

Wonwoo hasn't had any conversation with Mina after the flowers incident. Whenever she comes home, she just showers and goes straight to sleep.

It's almost like their house is just a hotel after all.

A few days later, Wonwoo started getting calls from Mina's secretary, asking if he would be able to attend any of the auctions or social gatherings but Wonwoo always declined due to his working schedule. He thought he would somehow get away with it until he saw Madam M and Mina at the dining table one morning.

"I'm sure that you know Mina is continuing her study abroad?"

"Yes, Mam"

"You don't have to call me 'Mam'. You can call me 'Granny'"

At this Mina choked on her porridge but quickly recovered.

"I'm really thankful but it's the nickname between you and Mina... I don't think-"

"Oh, nonsense. I'm sure Mina doesn't mind. After all, you are also my grandson now"

Madam M smiled but her eyes never smile with her. She put down her spoon and clasped her hands together slowly.

"But how come you guys have never been to any events together? The only time we've seen you guys together is at your wedding. Are you just going to work until my granddaughter leaves?"

"No, Mam- Granny. It's just my working schedule isn't consistent. Sometimes, there'll be an emergency case-"

"Well, yes. I understand. But you need to at least go to one event together before Mina leaves. People are starting to talk you know?"

Madam M gave her grandson-in-law another fake smile and nodded at both before she left the room.

"Our deal didn't mention anything about me accompanying you to events as of now. It just said I will be expected to do that once you return from abroad"

Wonwoo whispered and Mina rolled her eyes at him.

"Don't you think I know that? I've been trying to avoid having you with me but Granny just wouldn't take it like that. Just be sure to go to the next one if my secretary ever contacted you again"

She put down her spoon and walked out of the dining room, leaving Wonwoo flabbergasted. No wonder she's so rude. She's a copy of her grandmother.

The next two days, Wonwoo got a call from Mina's secretary asking if he would be able to join an event in the evening where he would be expected to accompany Mina around as she talks to other investors and Wonwoo just agreed so he can get it done with.

Mina's personal lawyer then came to the hospital not so long after the call, asking him to sign a form that he agrees and understands the physical contacts expected to happen at the event since they will have to act like a couple. The physical contacts include putting their arms around each other's shoulders or waists, linking arms, holding each other hands and kissing each other's cheeks.

"Will I have to do all of these?"

"No. These are optional depending on the situation that you and Mina-ssi think is appropriate. The document is just here to inform you and you'll just need to sign that you have been informed"