Christmas Special Chapter 🎄

Christmas has never been Wonwoo's favourite holiday. For some odd reason, everyone seems to think that they're inevitable and start doing random things which often result in them ending up at the hospital. One of Wonwoo's patients, when he was still a GP doctor, decided to gobble almost a kilogram worth of gingerbread men and cakes, landing her in the ER almost immediately. It's also not like his family celebrates Christmas anyway.

"What are you giving your wife- your girlfriend this Christmas?"

Said Jeonghan, throwing his stress ball up and down. He's still not used to the fact that both his best friend and Mina aren't married anymore but are just dating. Nevertheless, the press went crazy when they heard the couple got back together during the summer of this year.

"I don't know. She got everything"

Replied Wonwoo nonchalantly although he has been thinking about Mina's gift over and over again.

Ever since he received a pen and a journal Mina bought for him from the first year of their fake marriage he started to care about the holiday more than he thinks he should. Mrs Myoui also gifted him silk pyjamas during one of the years among other presents Baekjo has given him.

"How about taking off your shift and enjoy your holiday with her like a normal human being?"

Said Sunny while signing her papers.

"He's not normal, sunbae. Dude and his wife- uh...girlfriend literally breathes work"

"You should take a break Wonwoo-ah. You haven't enjoyed any holiday since you joined the hospital"

Usually, Wonwoo would just brush the comments off but this time he didn't say anything. He came to realise that he actually want to spend the holiday with Mina...

'It's probably snowing in Germany right now...'

He thought to himself as he looks out the giant glass window in the staff's lounge. He wonders if Mina is keeping herself warm during her business meeting. Rumours have it that Baekjo is investing in a famous architecture company to build a skyscraper in Berlin.

"Did you clear my schedule for the holiday?"

"Yes, Mina-ssi. I have rearranged everything to be on the first week of January after New Year so you'll have exactly one week for your holiday"

"Thank you... Let's finish our work fast so we both can rest"

Mina smiled gently and continued burying her nose in the documents that seem to keep coming in non-stop.

When she's finally done with all the work for the day, the sun has finally risen in Berlin and some part of the snow started to melt a little.

A bunch of children could be seen making their way to the last week of school before the holiday break. From her office, Mina could also see their parents accompanying the little ones who often slip because of the wet floor.

Slowly, a couple with their small daughter and a son turned into Mina herself with Wonwoo and two beautiful children.

"How cute..."

Mina murmured to herself but when she realised what she had just imagined, she started blushing extremely hard she needed to fan herself with the documents.

Ever since the couple has gotten back together, marriage is expected to happen anytime soon by the public and also by the two families themselves. However, both Mina and Wonwoo know it is not the time yet and they're not in a hurry anyway.