Chapter 11: Hanahaki

The first thing that woke Wonwoo up is the coldness on his skin. Then a sweet smell that reminded him of the diffuser at the hospital. He slowly opened his eyes and saw a woman sitting at the end of the bed in a giant suite room. She is wearing a long black dress and a lot of jewellery. There's something about her aura that reminded Wonwoo of a quality of elegance that his wife is known for.

"...Mina?"

He called and tried to properly sit up, adjusting his eyes to his surrounding. Judging from the light through the windows, Wonwoo assumed he has woken up in the late afternoon.

"Mina?"

A woman repeated. Her voice is way deeper than Mina's and it startled Wonwoo. He sat right up and felt a sharp pain in his stomach and left shoulder, making him crouch with a painful groan.

"Oh, dear"

Said the woman as she pressed a button and within a second, a nurse came in.

"Wonwoo-sunbae? You're up already! Stay right here! I'll call Leeteuk-sunbae!"

And a few minutes later Leeteuk, one of the most skilled doctors at the hospital walked in. Seeing how Wonwoo woke up and is now sitting made him feel really relieved.

"How do you feel?"

"Where's Mina?"

"You woke up and the first thing you ask about is your wife?"

Leeteuk smiled teasingly and cleared his throat when he remembers he needs to keep his professionalism.

"You dislocated your left shoulder(hence, the cast) and got several bruises all over your arms and some on your face. The most concerning wound is your stomach which has been stabbed by a pocket knife that is quite thin and wide"

"A knife?"

Wonwoo repeated to himself and started to remember his fight with a bunch of old men.

"The surgery went well (obviously because of me). You're lucky the knife missed your left kidney by just a bit. Anyways, you might still feel pain and discomfort from the wounds and so, Lia will give you some medicine and make sure you're in check. Are you experiencing any pain right now?"

Wonwoo nodded and Lia was sent to fetch him paracetamol while Leeteuk made his final check-up on Wonwoo and left the room. That's when he remembered the lady in a black dress who have been watching him quietly.

"Madam M..."

"Almost right but you're supposed to call me Granny"

She said with a poker face and reached for her phone.

"What a time to choose to wake up. You missed seeing your family who came to visit you. Now that I mentioned them, please excuse me as I make a quick call"

"What about Mina?"

Wonwoo asked again and Madam M just stared at him quietly. Wonwoo slowly becomes nervous. He's afraid that something bad might have happened to her and started to sweat.

"I sent her to an auction event but she should head here soon. And don't worry dear, those men are well taken care of"

"What do you mean by 'taken care' of?"

Madam M didn't say anything apart from smiling viciously at him. She then excused herself.

A second later there was a commotion at the door and Jeonghan, Seulgi and Sunny all rushed in, followed by Lia who is holding the medicine tray with an awkward smile.