Chapter 7: Telling wishes

Reminding herself that Wonwoo told her that he's worried about her has successfully made Mina sleeps peacefully without sleeping pills. She would think about the night he spend looking after her and their meal in the dining room and fall asleep. There would be random nights when she would call him from abroad even though she was sleeping fine. She tried to brainwash herself that it was his voice that helps her fall asleep when in reality, she just misses him.

         Wonwoo also found himself staring at his wedding ring. He wears it all the time when he's not in the surgery room ever since he married her but the ring somehow looks different these days in the sense that he would be reminded of Mina.

         They didn't get to spend any meaningful times together recently but when Mina is home, Wonwoo found himself feeling more calm and more peaceful. His co-workers also found him talking about his wife more than usual (once a month voluntarily) whenever the topic involves anything that would remind him of Mina.

         Due to Wonwoo's tight schedule, he couldn't go to events with his wife when she requested and he would call her to tell her himself. Even though Madam M tried to persuade and pressure him to go if they ever meet each other in the dining room, Mina would try to calm her down and let him go to work peacefully.

         However, there is an event that Mina expects Wonwoo to come however busy he is; her birthday party. It seemed to Wonwoo that it was just yesterday that he asked her parents to give her the scarf that he bought for her.

         "What do you want for your birthday present?"

         Wonwoo asked Mina one night when she came home late and woke him up. It was a week before her birthday.

         "I'll be happy with anything I think"

         Said Mina even though it was followed by Wonwoo's quiet sigh. What she actually meant is whatever he gets her, she would be happy with it. She has developed quite a heavy crush on Wonwoo that whenever she thinks about him, she would smile to herself.

         "What should I get her? Any recommendation?"

         Wonwoo asked his co-workers and even though a lot of them have given him some ideas, all of them have been owned by Mina.

         "Can't you just get her scarf or socks like you always do?"

         Said Seulgi. She remembered the man's casual answer whenever anyone ask what he buys his wife for her gifts in the past, so seeing Wonwoo being actually worried about it is a new sight.

         "I can... but isn't it getting boring if you get the same things again and again?"

         "That's what I've told you the second time you gave her a pair of socks. What suddenly changed your mind?"

         Seulgi groaned and waved her hand. She can't bear talking to him for more than one second.

         "She's so rich. What would she wants?"

         Haechan sighed. He is also one of the victims that have been targeted by Wonwoo's question.

         "Alright, everyone, think about it. I'm Myoui Mina-"

         "If you're not going to say anything productive then shut up Sunbae"

         Baekhyun pouted almost immediately but he chose to avoid the annoying voice of his colleague.

        "I mean think about it. I am coming home from work. I am so tired. Omo! what is that on my bed? it's an eye mask? wait- no- it's not just an eye mask. It's an embroidered eye mask. Oh my! Wonwoo darling! Did you do it for me? I am so touched!"