Chapter 9: Good daughter-in-law

The sound of golf balls being hit echoed within the area surrounded by several hills and mountains. The air is fresh and because it is early morning, sunglasses aren't needed for the players.

         Mina was walking along Mr Myoui to where their balls fell when he started mentioning his son-in-law.

         "So... Wonwoo is quite a nice boy huh?"

         Mina was confused but it's not new to her anymore since her father compliments Wonwoo often whenever she meets him.

         "Should I be expecting grandchildren soon?"

         Mina raised her golf stick automatically as a self-defence mechanism. She frowned at her father unbelievingly.

         "Dad?!"

         "Woah- woah- the stick! Mind the stick!"

          Mr Myoui lowered his daughter's arm and laughed awkwardly.

          "I mean- I was just asking" He wiped the sweat off his face "I was worried you know?"

          "About what?"

          "You guys not getting along... What your grandma did was just..." Mr Myoui pursed his lip "I don't know what she was thinking.. Wonwoo was just a stranger. He is also Sseulegi's son"

           "I thought you agreed with Granny to let me marry him?"

           "Agree?!?!"

           He scoffed and signalled their bodyguards and caddies to back away.

           "Do you know how tortured I felt walking you down the aisle? I want you to marry someone who loves you, Mina! Not someone your grandmother picks up like extra duty-free stuff"

            It isn't every day that Mina would see her father gets frustrated. He's actually quite stern himself and doesn't seem to talk much. Being Beakjo's empire's Collateralized Loan Obligations manager, he's supposed to keep things really professional in the face of crisis.

            "And why didn't you say anything, dad?"

            Mina asked but was only returned by Mr Myoui's sad face.

            "I'm too weak. After all these years, I'm still scared of my own mother. Also... I met your mother through your grandmother and I love her a lot. I guess in a way, I wanted to tell your grandmother off but I also trust in her decision"

             Mr Myoui chuckled to himself. He patted his daughter's head.

             "It's fortunate that Wonwoo is a pretty great guy. I feel more relieved than ever that you two got along"

             Mina looked away guiltily. She wonders how her father would react if he knows that they're getting divorced in less than a year.

             "He's also a great golfer! Just last week he did so many hole in one. It was crazy!"

             "Last week? I thought you guys stop playing with each other already since I'm back here now"

             Mina pouted.

             "Oh, come on, Mina. You rarely stay home. This month alone you flew around with your grandmother like walking doesn't exist anymore"

             "How long have you guys been golfing together then?"

             "Well.. uh... a month after you're back from UK, I begged Wonwoo to go golfing with me. It's not his fault! Your mother also missed him at Yoga..."