Chapter 14: Winners and Losers (END)

A year has already passed since Baekjo's change of leader and the couple divorce news in the early summer of 2001.

The Yo-ou's family turned out not to be too bad of farmers, and their coffee has been marked as a must-try in Hadong. Wonwoo's uncle even decided to open a cafe there while the rest of the family moved back to live in his aunt's new apartment in Seoul.

Wonwoo, who is now a senior heart surgeon, has also been renting an apartment near his hospital which made him think of buying a house for the rest of the family to live together again.

He would actively search online or look at newspapers to find a house that is big enough for his family.

However, from time to time, he would allow himself to dream of a house where he comes home to a beautiful woman with a charming gummy smile.

Wonwoo has never been interested in following celebrities' news but whenever he has the time, he would search up Mina's news and see how she's doing. Usually, she would be seen at important events but lately, she appears in the news less and less.

He was in the middle of reading an article about Baekjo in the newspapers when he saw an auction advertisement with a picture of his old house.

With the amount of money Wonwoo have right now after giving some to his relatives, he knows he doesn't have enough money to buy the whole house again but decided to go to the event just to see who would get it.

The auction event is less formal and small compared to those ones Mina took him to and so the room is quite cramped with people. Wonwoo was already late due to a delayed surgery operation and could only stand among the other guests at the back.

After waiting eagerly for hours, the auctioneers finally bring out pictures of his house which has a starting price of ₩8 billion.

"₩8.2 Billion!"

"₩8.8 Billion!"

The price kept on rising until it stopped at ₩9 Billion. It was about to be sold to one gentleman at the front until Wonwoo heard a soft sweet voice right before the auctioneer called it sold.

"₩9.5 Billion"

"₩9.5 Billion going one... ₩9.5 Billion going twice... SOLD!"

Wonwoo was trying to see who bought the house but his height doesn't help him much since the room was too filled with people.

        There are so many houses being sold that evening and even though Wonwoo tried to ask the auctioneer, he wouldn't tell him about the person who got his house

"It's confidential on who we sold the house to. I'm sorry"

Wonwoo was really disappointed since he waited so long to talk to the auctioneer. He leaned his back against the wall and sighed. It took him a while to come to the conclusion that whoever the house goes to, it's their house now and he should just let it go.